1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

damn, it's hot! best sweat towel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

damn, it

i've seen beach towels, bath towels, hand towels, kitchen towels, shirts, t shirts, kerchiefs, golf towels, shooting towels, paper towels, micro fiber towels, shamwow's, chamois' and sponges, both natural and synthetic, and shooters who simply can't see the target for the sweat in their eyes. what do you use?

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the new breed of golf towels really soak up water.

that along with one of the cold micro bead bandannas around the neck should do it.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I use the red towel at the bench and the green cool wrap around my neck after its been in cold water in my cooler while shooting when its extremely hot. Works great. I have a small thin Under Armour head band i wear under my hat to keep the sweat from running in my eyes. They are actually made for girls but the ones made for guys are too thick.

[​IMG]

The headbands come in a package of 6 so i can have a dry one for every event. They were under $10 for the package at the sports store. They are washable and as you may see they need washed. :)They work great.
    [​IMG]

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

I prefer the flour sack dishtowels, one on belt to wipe glasses, and one around my neck to protect from the sun and to wipe sweat off my brow.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a half dozen tennis head bands and a couple of wrist bands at Wally World. Use them as you need them. Golf gloves for sweaty hands. We know hot, sticky and humid on the Gulf Coast.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you want Micro Fiber towels get them at Sam's Club for $11.97 for 25 of them ... I use them for everything around the house and they work great ... They are the same size as the ones they sell at Harbor Freight but in a bundle of 25 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Unknown1

...and how much will buying the membership to Sam's Club to buy the towels add to the cost of the towels??

MK

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Nothing, I'm already a member and if you are not you are missing out on some great deals ... What you save in the price of gas in a month or two will pay for the membership ... I can give you all kinds of examples of savings such as new mattress, Bed Mart $1499.00, exact same mattress at Sam's Club $599.00 but they do not deliver and Bed Mart does for a fee ... Big screen Television at Best Buy retail $1499.00 same exact TV at Sams Club $849.00 here again Best Buy will deliever for a fee ... Spend $25.00 and save thousands ... Thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bill--You should be on one of their commercials instead of "Rollback Darrel".

Too Much(shaking my head laughing), LOL

Matt

11. Unknown1

Sam's Club, Amazon, BJ's, Costo and the hundreds of retailers like them have gotten rich exploiting all the ways that there are to get millions of Americans to willingly part with money for things they don't really want or need just cause it's a "good deal".

They all thank YOU for YOUR support!

MK

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

MK,

Do you mean to tell me you don't have a mattress, a television or buy gas for your vehicle ..? If you answered yes to any of these questions you do not need to join ... But if you even do we'd like to Thank you for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

White terry cloth towels at WallyWorld for a $1.50 each...wash twice before using!!

Spend your savings on women and booze...it's more fun.

Curt

14. Unknown1

No TV, WPT... just the computer... my present mattress cost me $272 and the nearest Sam's is 60 miles away...can't see driving 120 miles to save a few cents on gas.

MK

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Ya'll could just hire me to install a 1,000 ton Carrier centrifugal chiller and strategically positioned fan coils to blow 65 degree air on you

I'll get started on the engineering, but you'll need to figure out how to pay for it,heck all trapshooters are rich they can afford it, but your club's electric bill might see a slight rise

BTW if you don't like Carrier I can get anything you want, just want everybody to be comfortable

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

That's why this time of year I like to shoot sporting clays!!! Always under a roof and in the shade!!! Lots of shade in the woods. Lots of water and a roof on the golf cart as well. Break-em all. Jeff

17. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Micro Fiber towels at Wall Mart for $3.00

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Catpower, I need AC in my reloading room. Bring that chiller over. I'll have some other chilled bevs waiting for you.

19. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Woman's panties, size 40 100% cotton. Wear em over my head with my face sticking out one of the leg holes. Keeps sun off my neck, absorbs sweat and breaks the concentration of the other shooters. Pick your color, but I think pink is best. On sale everywhere.

20. Unknown1

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best sweat towel