1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DAMN IT IT'S ABOUT TIME

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO MAKES SENSE FOR AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG2PUZoukfA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG2PUZoukfA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jerbear

2. sam952

sam952 TS Member

Thanks, I needed that.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks, Jerber!

I just PayPaled his campaign $100. Will probably do more.

Whiz

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Someone other than a lawyer looking out for our best interests and our Constitution!!!!! I will support that man! Hap

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I'll check further into his ideas, policies, and beliefs. It's also good that he has spent 20 years in the House of Representatives. His votes and the legislation that he has sponsored should give us a pretty good idea of what he truly believes in. Thanks for posting the link.

Easystreet

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

More info... see above.

Jerbear

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekNceS2zJtY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekNceS2zJtY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hillary Lies again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerbear

8. djw0119

djw0119 TS Member

He certainly has some good ideas and is a true American but not sure I agree with his military stance. Some people (Iraq, Iran, Afgan, Syria) just hate for no reason and there is nothing you can do to change their mind. I am talking about the radicals who are causing all the problems and not the average citizen. No matter how much you try and keep the peace and work out things as Paul discusses, there are those who just want to kill you and be disruptive. Either we deal with it in their backyard or deal with it in our own backyard in the future. Again, I think his heart is in the right place but just remember some people don' t want peace and happiness--they just want to kill you. As for his comment about the Russians, the difference is that the Russians valued their life as much as we do and was not willing to strap a bomb on themselves and blow it up just so they could kill a few americans. My point is that Radicals do not understand peace. Anyway, Paul has some good ideas and I hope he does well.

9. Easystreet

I clicked on the link above provided by jbbor about "on the issues". I read all the way down the long list of issues and agreed with most of Ron Paul's votes on the various issues. BUT, here are two votes on Gun Control issues by Ron Paul that I feel need some additional explaning to satisfy me. Here are the quotes.

"Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)"

I think I have a pretty good understanding of the English language and here is what those two votes mean to me. Essentially, Ron Paul thinks it is OK to sue the gun manufacturers and/or gun sellers if somone misuses a gun. That makes no sense at all to me. Why would the manufacturer or seller of a legal product be responsible for someone misusing that product??????? Hell, if someone deliberately drives their Cadillac into a crowd of people and kills a dozen people, why should General Motors (Cadillac's manufacturer) be required to defend themselves against the actions of this insane person?

Or, to state it another way that might be more relevant to gun owners...... if some nut uses a Ruger handgun to go on a shooting rampage, why should that be considered something to contest in court as to whether Ruger is responsible or not????? Ruger simply made the gun which is a perfectly legal product. They are in no way responsible for how someone uses it, and they shouldn't have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending themselves in court every time some idiot misuses one of their products.

Easystreet

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

In his words, no policing the world and no nation building. I'm assuming that if he's a man of his word that means as the President he will order ALL American military troops home from Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe and will close down ALL military installations outside of our borders.

Either what he said is just BS or he’ll do the above.

Because he has no need for a strong military presence in countries that stand the chance of being overrun like S. Korea and Israel I’m assuming that he will get rid of the “excesses” unneeded military (ala Clinton 92-00) so that in eight years we will find ourselves faced with a massively hostile world that we will be defenseless against.

Being a strict constitutionalist is ok, but I believe that we live in a hostile world and need a leader that understands the value of Winston Churchill “walk softly and carry a big stick”. If this guy were elected at the end of his term Israel and South Korea would not exist. Most of Eastern Europe would once again be controlled by Russia. Chavez and Castro would control everything south of our border. Islamic fanatics would take over most of Western Europe. Our allies like Turkey, Japan and Pakistan would be in serious trouble. This guy just doesn’t understand that hiding within our shores is a dangerous proposition.

11. Easystreet

In all fairness to Ron Paul, I should now go back and read all the positions of the other candidates on these issues..... or at least on the ones where they have stated a definite opinion. I'm sure that for Hillary and Barack I would find MANY more issues to be concerned about. As for the other Republican candidates, I guess I'll just have to read and find out.

BTW, it appears that all these issues are available for reading just by clicking on the candidate's name in the left column of the link that jbbor provided.

Easystreet

12. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

On my commute home from work, there's been a sign the last few days that says, "Google Ron Paul".

He sounds good. But Bush also claimed not to be a "nation builder", yet as he sends truck loads of money into Iraq to build schools, my kids still have to share books at school because there's not enough to go around. Sadly, I've learned that both Democrats and Republicans will say whatever they think will get them elected.

Theordore Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far"

Yosemite Sam: "I speak LOUD, and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Still Here.

14. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Here in Texas we think he's crazy. Not good crazy, but bad crazy. His remarks are 911 really piss me off.

15. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Another article on Ron Paul.

16. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

It's easy to agree with some of what anybody says. But, when you really look beneath the surface, don't you think this guy is a just little nutty?

Paul believes that we are causing all the problems with the Islamic extremists. I see it as a world problem with a group wishing to impose their will and belief on everyone else. How many 9-11's would you care to have in the US? I've had one too many, already.

all the best,
    john

17. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Bringing our troops home and closing military bases around the world sounds a lot like the philosophy of Neville Chamberlain who seemed to think if Hiltler was left alone he would leave the rest of the world alone. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now. If we don’t help prevent the spread of our enemies and protect our friend one day we’ll find ourself without friends and huge out of control enemies. Ron Paul has some good ideas but he scares me.

18. Easystreet

I agree with Ron Paul that we can't be and shouldn't try to be the world's policeman. That doesn't mean that we can't have troops and weapons strategically positioned throughout the world. It just means that we can't stop feuds that have been going on for centuries. Nor can we tell some soverign government how to treat their own people. We have to learn that we can't impose our values and principles on other people. Any attempts to do so, even if our intentions are good, are met with anger, resentment, and hatred toward the U.S.

19. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Sammie,
    Sammie,

Item #1. Based on what he has said and written Ron Paul believes that we have no constitutional right to have any troops beyond our borders. He believes that the role of the armed forces are to defend attacks on our soil only. I suggest that you check into his view on these issues before you put the lives of your children and grandchildren in his hands.

Item #2. Sadam was a problem and regardless of what you believe was involved in the development of wmds. He had a history of supporting anti Israeli and Anti-American terrorist groups, was defiant with the UN, US and the world. Had been actively firing at coalition aircraft in no-fly zones on a daily basis for years, even though the cease-fire agreement he signed allowed for our patrolling of those zones. On top of that our government was task with the finding and killing or capturing of terrorist in dozens of countries around the world. Unfortunately the governments of those countries would not let us accomplish that goal. So our government simple had the terrorist come to us at a place of our choosing. Unfortunately for Sadam, it was in his country. Don't you think it was a good plan to take out a destabilizing government at the same time we had the terrorist pouring in so that our ready and willing military could kill them. The plan has been working very well, but don't tell those stupid terrorists, if they figure it out they'll stop coming and then we'll have to chase them through a couple dozen un-cooperating countries. I like the present plan better. And just in case you don't get it, we have not been able to go get one single terrorist in any country with permission of the government. Not even allies like Pakistan or Turkey will allow us to go after anyone. The only way we’ve been able to get terrorist is to take out a government. Fortunately we only had to do that twice, because once in the terrorist are more then willing to spend their time, resources, money and lives coming to us. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell the terrorists.

20. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Sammie,

If you believe that the Islamic extremists are only there because we have bases in Saudi Arabia, then how do you explain the Taliban\Al Quaeda attacks in Spain, England, Australia, Pakistan, Phillipines, Lebanon, Malaysia and the horrible ethnic cleansing in much of North Africa. Certain countries have been spared so far but not for long. Spreading religious fundamentalism is their goal, indeed their lifes' focus.

Do we have interests in keeping oil flowing in the mideast? Of course we do, and so does the rest of the industrialized world. If we had it to do all over again, I wish we would have just stayed in Afghanistan and fought the terrorists there. We didn't. We'll have to get out of Iraq one way or another.

Further, do I want the President of Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Not on your life. This is a man that has publicly called for Israel to be blown off the earth more than once, doesn't believe the holocaust occurred, and would love to destroy our way of life and take us back to about 600 BC. I hope you understand that you don't have to have a missile to carry a nuke into NYC. If he gets close to development then I would love for us or Israel to take out the problem. Yes, it's harsh but sometimes you just can't play nice with people that wish to impose there will on you.

As for Ron Paul, some of his ideas are good and I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but I think the same thing was said about Jimmy Carter and he just wasn't that great a President.

all the best,
    john

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.