1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas Gun Club ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Have many of y'all shot trap at the private Dallas Gun Club ?

I travel to Dallas frequently and have considered joining it.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've shot skeet there. Probably the nicest gun club in the country.

They have a closed membership, meaning someone has to leave for you to be able to join. If you can find someone to sell you their membership, you can go that route, if not, you go on a waiting list. Membership is $5000 initiation, plus $85/month dues.

3. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Unless you actully know a member, who can invite to shoot there, its pretty hard otherwise to get in. They have a waiting list to join, and the membership fee is somewhere close to $6000 a year. You might check out the website to see for yourself, or send email about shooting at there club.

David McMillen

4. skeet_man

If you buy from another member, there is a $1000 transfer fee. The current member can charge you whatever they like for the membership.

David- There is a $5k initiation, but after that its only $85/month in perpetuity, until you sell your membership.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have shot there in ATA events. Even won a gold coin in a "Shoot For The Gold" shoot.

I like shooting over the water also. I had a target called lost and I was watching it fall over the hill toward the water. Just before it hit the water it broke in two pieces. Of course the next shooter had called pull and the scored did not see it. I said nothing as that round would not put me in the winners circle.

Also has a very nice restaurant and club house.

What was Johns wife name. Such a sweet lady and a good shot too. I think she took the pictures too and sent the information to Trap and Field.She picked up the wrong gun at one shoot and was kidded a lot about that. Ray

6. Nutso

Nutso Member

At those membership rates what do they charge per round?....I have previously heard the only way to shoot there is to enter a ATA or NSSA event...those are required to have open entry.

7. skeet_man

It was $3.50 or $4.00 per round when I was there in 2010 if I remember right. I believe you MIGHT be able to shoot there as a members guest, on a limited basis, but I'm almost certain you can't just walk in off the street and shoot.

8. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

If you are invited by a member you can shoot.They have the nicest facility that I have been too and shot at.I only shoot registered targets there a couple of times a year when they have thier registered shoots.The trap targets are not the best you will ever shoot!However;the people are very nice and the facility is second to none.If you get a chance to go,by all means take the trip.They used to be a flyer location buy the libs killed that.They have very nice ZZ bird rings,sporting clays and skeet.

9. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Very few Trap shooters at DGC--mainly Skeet and Sporting clays..Trap shooting is a low priority there..SMOKIT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.