1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????Dallas/Ft. Worth Trap Ranges????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipdaddy, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

I recently moved to the DFW area and have been an avid Trapshooter for years. I was hoping to get some information and recommendations about what the area had for clubs to practice at. I'm living in Grapevine and am looking for a club that isn't too far from home. I'm not interested in a country club with high prices, I would like to find a relatively cheap place with a good facility to get in some trigger time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Guy

Guy Member

Try This: http://www.dallasgunclub.com/

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dallas gun club has HIGH priced membership dues.

You might try North Texas Shooting Club in Denton and there is a new one in Flower Mound? I think. Elm Fork doesn't throw very good targets.

4. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

try the fort worth trap and skeet club. 817-244-9878
    www.fortworthtrapandskeet.com

5. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Chip,

Come to the Fort Worth Trap and Skeet Club on 7/17-19/09 for the Southwestern Zone Shoot and check us out.

HBT

6. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Is there a program online for that shoot. I have been looking but haven't found one. I can only make it Saturday and Sunday and I'm hoping there will be some doubles.

7. Helen

Helen TS Member

The Texas Trapshooters Website is http://www.texastrap.com. The clubs in Texas and the shoot dates are listed there.
    Helen

8. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

friday july 17 event 1 100 singles, event 2 100 handicap, event 3 50 pair doubles.

saturday july 18 event 4 200 singles.

sunday july 19 event 5 50 pair doubles, event 6 100 handicap

this is the fort worth shoot.

also to let you know sunday the 26 dallas is having a one day shoot 50 doubles, 100 singles, 100 handicap. in that order.

9. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

This may be too far for you but we have a lot of shooters that come shoot at Buffalo Creek Gun Club in Ben Weeler (just outside Canton,
    Tx where the famous Flee Market is). It is the week-end of the month that preceeds the first Monday of the month. A lot of guys drop their wives off at Canton and then come to the club and spend the day. If you have not heard of Canton Trade Days, check it out. You cannot shop it in 2 days.

Club fees are: Membership is $50 per year and gives you reduced rates on shooting and reloading supplies.
    Trap is $4 for members and $5 for non members
    Reloading supplies are 10% off
    8 Trap fields
    Club House
    Thursday night is league and after league, the owner has a big cook out and the meal is just $3.
    If you have questions, my number is 903-571-8248

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.