1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DA GOOD LIFE IN COMMIEFORNIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ddrsuz, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

Guess this might not be in anyway unusual to many, but I got a kick out of it last nite. I saw the email from Cabelas the other day about ordering shells and no shipping charges. I had only ordered handgun ammo from them before since the shipping charges always seemed to add too much to the bill. So I checked out the ad, ordered 10 flats and forgot about them. Came home last nite to find them stacked up on the front porch, shipped 2 flats to a shipping box, stacked about 4 ft. high. With all the strange requirements being foisted onto Californians, what relief to know it was still all right to have 2500 rounds of ammo sitting on your front porch for the world to see.

d

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I recieved a letter from Cabelas on my last rifle order (.308, 300mag, 7.62x39, and 22lr)...They said they expect to begin to decline orders from ammo about mid-year 2010 due to the new law that goes into affect. They are backing out of the ammo sales to california. They will however, send it to the nearest Cableas store (Prescott, Arizona) for us Southern California shooters. They along with other mail-order companies are watching with GREAT interest on how the NRA and other Freedom Fighters are battleing the new laws out here..

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

My question is how did the NRA let this happen! I didn't see any type of organized protest or nothing!!! Now this will probably become the standard across the U.S.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We are in the early stages of Communism. It already sucks doesn't it.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Luckyman,

The NRA has no intention of spending any money on a fight it thinks they can't win. They may help defend our gun rights to a point, but it's all about the $$$ and the political clout.

A couple of years ago I was receiving a piece of junk mail from the NRA about every other day. Sometimes it was for something pertinent, but most about how my donation was needed. I asked them to remove my name from the mailing list and would be my donation (mailings are very expensive to companies). They kept sending me all those flyers and the only way I could get them to stop was to cancel my membership.

I don't know if it made a difference on my gun rights, but my mailbox is a lot less full these days.

ss

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Lucky with all do respect, the last time I checked, its the PEOPLE's responsibliity to be informed and not vote "bum's" into office.

I grew up in the early 70's even then, the word California was synonymous stupidity and the state hasn't got any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.