1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

D-10 adjustable stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sclinch, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sclinch

Sclinch TS Member

Just purchased a new berreta d-10 adjustable stock,released the 2 outside screws to remove the stock ,but can't seem to lift of the adjustable comb,if I force it will it just pop off??also can I use my chocks from mt berreta 391 with my new trap gun??

2. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Did you do know there are two sets of screws for each adjuster?
    The small slot head and an allen screw below it.At least my 682 is that configuration.

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

On stock Beretta comb hardware there are three allen head screws accessed through the stock. The center one just locks in a height stop and has nothing to do with removing the comb. Loosening the outer two allen head screws allows you to remove the comb. You don't want to over do it when loosening them, the screws will not come out through the stock - I saw a stock once that had a huge chunk puulled out of it by someone who thought they had to remove those screws.

Loosen them a turn or so, and see if you can lift out the comb, then another 1/2 turn or so and check again. A couple turns should do it. If you back them out a ways and they get hard to turn - stop! they have backed out far enough for the head of the allen head screw to contact the wood, if you just 'give it a little juice' you'll blow out the stock.

I beleive all DT10's are optima chokes. If your 391 has optima chokes they will fit (not mobil chokes or optima plus chokes or optima HP chokes - if your 391 is a field gun it is likely mobil chokes and they will not work. If it is a target gun they should be fine) The above link will get you to Berettas FAQ about chokes.

john

4. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Another source is the briley website. They have a good graphic on the difference between all the beretta chokes.

http://www.briley.com/beretta.aspx

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Now that you have it off. Take the entire system out, throw it in the trash and replace it with a quality comb hardware system.

Bryan

6. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

CalKidd - good point. I think Joel Etchen sells a 10 minute fix kit for $90. I have never once heard a good thing about the Beretta Memory system.

7. Calkidd

I am sure Joel has an excellent system, but I am going with SPS. If they ever respond to my emails.

Bryan

8. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Just pick up the phone and call them at SPS. I called this morning. Call was answered by the third ring and they were very helpful.

9. Calkidd

Gave them a call and my comb hardware is on it's way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.