1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ SXS ANY GOOD?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by len loma, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

looking for a side x side for upland bird hunting and am on a budget. Fit and finish look quite nice and the price is reasonnable. Anybody use one for hunting and occasional sporties? Worth the purchase?

thanks,
    Len

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

CDNN has had these on sale for months now. Be aware they are made in Turkey and may be a pain to get any parts. It would be worth a phone call to CZ to see what their warranty is on them. For reviews, go here: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=3

3. pw1

pw1 TS Member

A friend of mine had two of them and neither would shoot both barrels in the same place, or even close. He got rid of them.
    I love the looks of them but have stayed away from them because of his experience.
    CZ even admitted to him over the phone that they have a problem with them. That was from Kansas City.
    Good luck. There are still some good quality used side by sides out there if you just look.
    Paul

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have a friend with two of them and he's happy. Another guy bought one used from another club member, had something in the forearm break. He had to send it to CZ for repair, they replaced the gun even though he was not the original owner. I thought that was good service. The guns have a good feel to them but. I cannot convince myself to buy a Turkish made gun. They're probably okay as long as you have a company like CZ to stand behind them

5. Hal Dog

Hal Dog TS Member

I have had both the 28 and 20 gauge CZ Ringnecks (single trigger). I never had any trouble with either one. I did file down the front beads a little because the guns shot low for me, like a 40/60 pattern.

A couple of friends own them and have had them double fire. One friend got his 16 gauge replaced by CZ. The other has had his double only a couple of times, so he still has it.

They are a fairly well built gun for the money. CZ does stand behind the product. The fit and finish is fine.

The barrel selector/safety can get stuck in the middle when pushing it off "safe." Similar to browning double guns, but maybe a little easier. I filed the edges of the safety lever/barrel selector points of intersection and solved that problem. That would, of course, require stock removal and some gunsmithing skills. Could also void your warranty.

If the gun is for hunting, I would say: give it a try. Sometimes you can find a used one for an excellent price. Try GunsAmeica or Gun Broker web sites. Best wishes.

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Had a 20 guage wih 28 inch barrels for a while. 26 inch would have been better. Mine had a single trigger that could not be tuned. Trigger springs were wires ?? Sold after using in the field one or twice.

If I was doing it again I would buy the 26 inch barrels ( 28 inch are too heavy ) and the double trgger model. Also be sure to check the point of impact, I shoot a 50/50 gun in the field and mine shot below that. Also a buddy of mine had a 28 guage with 26 inch barrels that I really liked and shot well on the skeet field.
    You might look into that model.

Tom Strunk

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have a 28 gauge with 26" barrels (single trigger). Trigger pull was atrocious, more than the weight of the gun! Had a 'smith reduce it to 4#. Lots of fun with it skeet shooting.

8. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

I have SKB Models 100, 200 and 280e in 20 ga. They are light, easy to work with in the field and shoot where you look. You can find good deals on gunbroker and GA for these guns, from $500-$1200. Buy a CZ and you buy problems, jmho.

9. len loma

len loma TS Member

Thanks for input about CZ S X S. This is the direction I took. I found a like new Italian made Marlin LC Smith S X S that is by Fausti for $900. Italy makes some fine guns and this has choke tubes so I can shoot sporties and hunt upland game.

Thanks,
    Len Loma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.