1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluedevil, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Anybody know about the quality of the CZ over unders for sporting? Not for trap at all, just sporting. CZ handguns are top shelf so was just wondering.

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I handled a CZ side-by-side a little while I was cutting the stock for a new recoil pad for a guy, as I recall it was the "ringneck" model. I was impressed with the wood to metal fit and finish, NOT impressed with the heavy gritty trigger. FWIW I'm sure the trigger could be improved tho'

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Everyone of them I've seen had "Huglu" on the bbls. That was enough to turn me away.

4. johnpe

johnpe Member

A few years ago I won one of Bobwhite models. It is a 20 gauge with extractors and double triggers. I'd heard all of the banter of how bad the Huglu guns were but I was pleasantly surprised. I shoot all gauges in all action types and I must say I am impressed with this shotgun. I've used it on sporting clays and quail to great success. Fit and finish are quite good especially at the price point for which it was built.

Johnpe

5. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Watched Tom Knapp using the semi-auto this past summer at Sparta. If I remember correctly, twice had problems with the guns during his 45 minute exhibition.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If it's made in Turkey... Beware!

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have a CZ canvasback 20ga. I really like shooting skeet with it. never shot sporting clays with it, but i like the way it handles. The open and close of the break action shows its only a $700 gun. Nothing like closing a $2500 field browning. I use the gun rabbit hunting, stomping through the briars and stuff it takes a beating. I won the gun at a whitetails unlimmited banquet last year.

8. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Have a friend with a SxS. The barrels are not very good with POI. One shoots in the vicinity but the other shoots in the adjacent county.

9. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

But it is an "adjacent" county.

10. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have found the same thing as rdf59. My buddy has one in 28ga that kicks like a 12ga. Bill

11. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

nuff said, will look elsewhere.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bluedevil, I just recently handled and shot their newest 12ga sporting model. Shot a little 5-stand with it. Very nice wood and fit, nicely blued steel. Does say Huglu on the barrels. Bores were bright and slightly tapered chambers to chokes. Choke tubes were US manufacturer and were as marked in thousands. Obviously someone paid attention to getting that right.
    Action was stiff, trigger was acceptable, on par with my Broadway trap, but, not a Perazzi.
    Came with old style (pachmayr style trap) pad.

Seemed positioned to compete with low end Beretta's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cz gun for trap
cz shotgun trap barrel
cz shotguns for skeet
cz side by side poi problems
cz trap gun
cz trap shotgun

cz trap shotguns

cztrap guns