1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ shotgun quality

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I know a few people that shoot them as a bird hunting gun and they are very happy with them. I do not know anyone that shoots them for a target shotgun. Bill Malcolm

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

A lot depends on which garage in Turkey it came out of. Saw some CZ side by sides I really liked but couldn't get past the word Huglu on the barrels.

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If it's made in Turkey, it's second rate. Don't waste
    your money.

4. cementman

cementman Member

Make sure that the manufacture date is 08 or later, there were some issues with earlier guns. Manufacture date can be determined by the first two numbers in the serial number, i.e., 08xxxx would be a 2008 year of manufacture.

5. Loyac

Loyac Member

Turkish garbage. Get a Browning or a Beretta.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My first shotgun was a CZ 12ga. sidelock SxS made in Brno, Czechoslovakia back in the 70's. Great quality back then and good value ($450 in 1974).

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own three Huglu shot guns and have had no problems with them. I shoot the 410 and the 28 ga for sporting clays and the 16 for bird hunting

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

CZ makes world class pistols and rifles. Too bad their shotguns haven't caught up.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of the side-by sides...

The O/U are pretty good values for the $$. Redhead models are pretty darn nice compared to others in that price range.

Quite frankly I think the Sporter is a pretty nice package: Comes with Kicks chokes, nice walnut with adjustable Monte Carlo, selectable trigger and long forcing cones.

Rifles and Pistols have always been quality pieces.

CZ is making a huge commitment to SCTP and youth shooting.

SW

10. Loyac

Loyac Member

mac1... I don't know how many times you've been to Turkey, but watching anything on Google or Youtube can be misleading. The most up-to-date gun manufacturing facility in the world? Hardly... Try visiting Beretta in Brescia, Italy, or Heckler & Koch in Oberndorf, Germany, and you'll get an education as to what state-of-the-art means.
    FYI Turkey is a garbage dump of radical muslim politics and fundamentalism. The only reason the U.S. tolerates that country's asinine policies is because of its strategic location as a foothold to the Balkans and the Middle East. John

11. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We sell an entry level CZ Auto loader Sporting gun for just under $700. Lifetime repair or replacement warranty through Davidson's (the importer). Basically a copy of a 303 Beretta. They are not a work of art or engineering, but with the warranty, a good value for an entry level gun that shoots soft!

Bob Schultz

12. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Warched a factory cz rep shoot exibition skeet....couldnt get a magazine unloaded without a jam. This was a gun tuned and ready for show and it wouldnt work! I wouldnt buy one after that.

13. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I won a CZ canvasback 20 ga O/U at a whitetails unlimited banquet. its a decent shooting gun, I wouldnt pay the $700 MSRP for it but I like to shoot it. I shoot rabbits with it sometimes, if we had more pheasants I would take that as well. It has extractors, if it had ejectors it would greatly improve the overall appeal of the gun.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Turkey, any truth to the rumor that Beretta is making 682 receivers in Turkey?

15. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I bought a redhead in 20 gauge. After less than 200 rounds the bottom barrel misfired with regularity. I shipped it to the repair center (Kansas City)and waited for the Turkish gunsmiths to come and repair it. They come from Turkey 1 time per month to perform repairs. 2 months elapsed and my shotgun was returned. I had the exact same problem within 100 rounds. Called the rep. and shipped shotgun again. This occurred 3 times, yes 3 different times I shipped the shotgun to the Kansas City service center. Each time the wait for repair was very close to 2 months. After several phone calls the last time a new shotgun was shipped to me. I sold the new replacement shotgun before firing 1 shell. My 2 cents...Larry Lockhart

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 CZ SXS Ringnecks. No problems. They are 2010 and 2012. The 2012 is the Ringneck Target that I had for 2 months and 3000 rounds. Nice gun.

17. Solid Hit

Solid Hit Member

I just sold a Huglu 12 ga DE103 that I picked up very reasonably at my local pawn shop. I used it for backyard clays off an Aerial Assault and was able to sell it at a profit less then a month latter. I shot ~500 rounds through it over 2 weekends without a hiccup. The price point was well worth the purchase and I would do it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone know where to buy a cz readhead sporter in canada

cz redhead alberta

cz shotgun quality

cz whitetail unlimited over and under 20ga

huglu 20 guage shotgun 1994 whitetail unlimited gun of the year

hunting bird called a importer

is cz redhead a quality gun

quality trap shotguns