1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ Ringneck info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

I've been looking at getting a nice side by side, the ringneck seems to be a good value...i thought perhaps a 28 gauge.

Anyone have any experience with these guns...either positive or negative? thanks

2. mt

mt Member

wondering if anyone else had any information on this gun...i'm so tempted to get one

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Don't have the ringneck but I do have the redhead (O/U) and have had not problems in two seasons dove hunting. Mine is a 28g and I'm thinking of getting another one in a 410 for this season. I don't know if it's a gun I could put 10K rounds through but it's ok of a case a year shooting doves. And you can't beat the price.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

HEAVY triggers.

5. 3200

3200 TS Member

Try shotgunworld.com. There is an entire forum dedicated to the CZs.

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi there:
    I'm selling a big collection of gun for a close friend of mine. He has a CZ Ringneck in 28ga. 99% $1,000.00 He also has a Bobwhite 28ga and a Woodcock
    410ga.
    David T.

7. mt

mt Member

Dave, thank you for the offer. For some reason locally they are going for $750 new. Perhaps you have a custom / higher grade or slightly different model.

8. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Yeah, the ringnecks can be had for much less that $1K.

My experience with them is as follows.

Posted from a couple of weeks ago:

I found a nice new CZ 28 gauge SxS last weekend at Gander Mountain.

I opened it, closed it and then tried to move the safety. Didn't want to budge. Then I noticed the trigger lock left the back trigger completely exposed. So, I pulled the trigger, it moved the safety forward, and fired.

I thought it must have been jammed up or something so I tried it again. Broke it open, it cocked, closed it, couldn't move the safety, pulled the trigger which slid the safety forward and then it fired.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen and probably one of the most unsafe malfunctions I've seen.

I like their looks and feel, but I'll have to pass until I see otherwise with their mechanical quality.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I have one for sale in .410. Shot two boxes of shells. 28" IC&M. $740 shipped to your FFL.

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Oops... added email

11. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

They are made by Huglu in Turkey. DeHann is just an importer in the USA. They are imported by CZ and DeHann.

12. ocsolt

ocsolt TS Member

I've used the Ringneck 28 for the past two seasons for grouse, woodcock and pheasant with great succes and no complaints. It handles well for all shooters from my 100 lb grandaughter through my 6'4" cousin. It is a pleasure to carry and seems to point itself. You can spend a lot more on a game gun if you like, but I can't imagine what you would gain. It mysteriously produces more stone dead pheasants than the 20 and 16 I have used for 35 years.
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cz ringneck for sale south africa