1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ Redhead

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dhg, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhg

dhg TS Member

Anyone have one and what are your thougths on quaility of this gun. Seen one today and they look nice.

2. neo

neo Member

I have a 28ga and have shot several hundred skeet targets with it and no problems. The wood and metal, fit and finish is very good. neo

3. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

CZ might be the "sleeper" of a bargain. Their motorcycles were second to none in quality. Finish on the motorcycles was somewhat rough and industrial looking. But strong as tanks. Not zoomy like Bultacos and Huskys of the era, but strong as anything. Perhaps the guns are the same; not "Italian Pretty" but Bohemian practical?

4. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I bought a 20 ga. redhead. After approx 600 rounds fired the gun would not open. I went home and eventually got it to open with an unbelievable amount of pressure on the lever required. I called the service center in Kansas City, spoke to the gunsmith ( who isn't much of a gunsmith) recieved a return authorization number and shipped my shotgun for repair. I must mention the gunsmith in K.C. doesn't do much repair work, he told me when the smiths from turkey arrive the problem would be fixed. The smiths from Turkey come to the U.S. once a month to repair guns. That is the reason a customer is told 6-8 weeks turn around time. The shotgun was repaired and return in approx. 6 weeks. After shooting 200 more rounds the bottom barrel would not fire every time. I took the buttstock off to examine the action. It appeared to me ( I'm not a gunsmith either) the hammer face was contacting the reciever before primer ignition could occur. I phoned the service center a second time and was told ship it back and it would be repaired in 6-8 weeks. I asked for the manager and a nice lady answered the call. After verifying by serial number my previous repair she asked how she could help. I expressed some dismay the gun had just left the repair facility 4 days earlier and now I would be put "in line" for repair. She told me to ship the gun and she would replace it with a brand new model. She also told me she would personally select the shotgun with the nicest stock to have shipped to me. She did exactly that. The shotgun I recieved had MUCH better wood than my original gun. Bottom line...The guns are not perfect but the customer service I recieved was hard to beat. Larry Lockhart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.