1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ O/U 410 Opinion?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kerz, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerz

Kerz Member

Looking for an occasional shooter of deceit quality. Your comments appreciated.
    Vic

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You won't be happy.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

CZ makes decent rifles, but crappy shotguns.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 TS Member

I won one at a SC shoot & already had a 410ou. Ended up keeping it after shooting it. Fits better than most & shoots good so far. For a lot of opinions go to Shotgunworld.com under the I love my ... shotgun section. Positive opinions there.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

CZ makes wonderful firearms. Huglu makes very poor shotguns, CZ puts their name on them for some reason.

Lucky1,

Definite praise indeed if the experts from SGW give it their seal of approval. Of course they all rode the short bus.

ss

6. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

your next step up would be a browning special skeet in 410,but i think cz still has the 5 year warranty?

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Since only around 14 Browning XS Skeets in .410 ga. were ever made you'll have to look hard. Wife has one and refuses to sell!!

8. Lucky1

Lucky1 TS Member

SS
    There are several hunting sites that avid hunters frequent that give good marks on their CZ hunting guns. Maybe they don't shoot enough trap with their 28s & 410s to know better........

9. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I have 3 Huglu's. I have had them close to 10 years. Infact I started shooting trap with one. I still shoot them at least 5-6 times a year. I am glad I didn't know they were junk or I may have given up trap. In my opinon they feel good and shoot great. At least for me. Tim

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Huglus are great if you own three of them. One to shoot, one in the shop and one in the UPS system. Had one, broke after "one" flat. They replaced the gun and gun #2 broke after three boxes - that's right "three" boxes. They replaced that and I sold #3 at a loss and was happy! No more Turkish $hit for me.

11. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

What are you looking to spend? You mighth want to look at a used SKB 410. I have one and its built like a battle ship, in a good way.

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a CZ Khan 410 28 inch with screw in mobil chokes that I have put close to 15000 rounds through it and the problem I had with it was I failed to remove chokes and lubricate them as I should and couldn't change one of the chokes. I called the factory and was told to send it in and they would remove and replace the choke tube at no cost. Costed me $9.00 for shipping via Fedex. Couldn't ask for better service and have thoroughly enjoyed the gun.

13. Kerz

Kerz Member

Email:
    Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2012 - 10:48 AM ET
    Website Address:

What are you looking to spend? You mighth want to look at a used SKB 410. I have one and its built like a battle ship, in a good way.

NJCOP
    I'm guessing that is like in New Jersey LE type. I retired from Eastern KY police work a few years ago.
    I wasn't looking to spend much over $1000, but I don't want junk either. Just bought a new Browning White Lightning for my son in 20 gauge. The 410 is just something for occasional clay targets.
    Vic

14. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

I bought my SKB 500 410 and love it. I did see one on Gunbroker for not too much $$$. They are much better made than the CZ but they can only be found used but a 410 doesn't exactly beat up an action. Yes, I'm NJ LE. Started my 30th year 1-1-12 and with the "O"conomy I'm not going to pull the plug just yet unless something else "that I want to do" comes along. And you can't go wrong wit the SKB o/u. Wish I was retired!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.