1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CZ 452 American HB vs Savage MKII HB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Considering both. From your experience, which is likely to shoot the more accurately? A draw?

2. larry prior

larry prior Member

i have both and the cz shoots better

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have the CZ in 17 HMR and it is a tack driver.

Did spend some time getting it there - free floating the barrel, and a trigger job (check out Eric Brookes - http://cz452.com/), but that's just me.

Head shots on tree rats at 200 yards (still air) is not unheard of.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Savages shoot good but the CZ shoots great, have both. CZ varmit I have shoots a knot at 50 yds the Savage shoots 3/4 to an inch depending on ammo. The CZ has a much tighter chamber judging by using a 22lr match round by hand.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have a CZ trainer .22 with a good Leupold scope and it shoots mighty small groups. I also have a Brno model 2 with a good Leupold, a 1957 rifle, that shoots more like a target rifle than a hunting rifle and it shoots ragged holes at 50 yards with lots of ammo. CZ's barrels are hammer forged from billet over mandrels, great rifle barrels!!

Hap

6. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

I have a savage 93 in 17HMR and a 452 in 22lr. While somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison, I think the CZ is a finer rifle. The Savage has the accu-trigger, very nice, but the 452 can be made just as nice with some minor tweaking and or with a spring and roll-pin kit that's available. The CZ has a nicer finish and a smoother, more hefty feeling bolt. You may also look at the 453 with the single set trigger that is available...I wish I had one of those!

My experience along with many others at a local range point to great accuracy with the CZ rifle's ammo of choice ...Mine likes Wolf Match Target. It often stacks 5 at 50 yards - if I do my part and the wind is mild. I got my brother into a 452 Trainer (basic model) a few years ago when he was looking for a basic but good .22...his experience is same in terms of satisfaction and accuracy.

Great rifle for the money...and built right, out of quality materials.

Bill

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

My vote goes to the CZ. In the 452, you'll need the Eric Brooke's kit. In the 453, the trigger is decent when "set".

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Just got back with my 452 Varmint Thumbhole from Dominion Outddoors. withers

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

love my CZ 452

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.