1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cynery VS. citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Country '75, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Country '75

Big Country '75 TS Member

What difference is there in a Browning Cynergy vs. the Browning Citori. Looking at their combo. From what I've found the price isn't much different. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Almost the exact same question was asked (and answered) on the thread just above titled "Browning XT vs Browning Cynergy Trap". I bumped this thread to the top so you could find it easily.

Easystreet

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Now I can tell you I started that thread with some questions, because I was looking to purchase either the XT or the Cynergy. I personally too the Cynergy, I liked both, but around here the XT are a dime a dozen, and I don't see many Cynergy's. I can tell you I had it fitted, and I am just as pleased as can be. Keep in mind I got a used combo, could have had a brand new XT for less money, but I think after putting about 400 rounds since I got it fitted Tues of this week, that I made the right choice. I know its a personal preference, but I really liked the hold on the Cynergy vs the XT, it felt bulky and heavier, and 100 rounds with that I thought would be just a tad much for me, and I am not a little thing either. Good luck on your choice. Shoot them both, I know I did.

Deb

4. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I have an XT and love it but if I were in the market again I would get a Ceasar love the look and It shoots amazingly .. Just another thought!!!!

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have owned the XT combo and now own the Guerini magnus combo. The XT is a good gun for the money but it is no ware near in the same ball park as a Guerini. I had the opportunity to shoot both of them side by side and it took me about 5 shells to figure the Guerini is the one for me. I couldn't get the XT out of my hands quick enough and I have never held one since.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

In my opinion the Cynergy is basically a failed "Euro-Styling" exercise. Like the Edsel, mint ones will be collectible someday for how weird and ugly they were.

Conversely, the Citori is the continuation of JMB's glorious Superposed and proudly represents classic American O/U looks and affordable quality (despite being made in Japan).

But buy what you really want and as long as YOU like it, it doesn't really much matter what anyone else thinks, right? (except at resale time). To each his own, I guess.

Enjoy.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.