1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CYNERGY WITH RELEASE TRIGGER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Thewildones, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thewildones

Thewildones TS Member

Has anyone had experience installing a release trigger for a Browning Cynergy Trap Combo? If so, please make a recommendation as to which release trigger works best. Thank you.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

All the reliable information we've gotten on this forum is
    that you cannot make a release trigger for a Cynergy.
    No one has ever come on this forum and said they had one.
    You will hear that there are places that claim to be able to
    make them. Be sceptical. A bad release trigger is worse than no release
    trigger.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Dickgtax, that is not true. There have been posts talking about this and there have been successful results. I don't have the thread link off hand, but it is there. If I find it I will post it here.

Bryan

4. Calkidd

There is a lot of reading, but this might a good thread. This is not the one I was thinking about, but it might give you some good information.

5. Dickgshot

Calkidd, you're right. There was one poster who said he has two friends who have release triggers done by a gunsmith in British Columbia. That's out of the thousands of shooters who have a Cynergy and the hundreds of gunsmiths who do release triggers.

If they could be done with some degree of reliability they'd be looking for your business, you wouldn't have to look for them.

6. Calkidd

You raise a valid point. I understand that the trigger of the Cynergy is pretty bad, but it can be converted to a release. However, I don't remember the gunsmith being out of BC, I thought it was in the USA. Hopefully, someone will see this and speak up.

Bryan

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

It all comes to expense. Because the Cynergy is the first truly new trigger in a long time, there is very little market for a release. The first guy to spend the time and money to make a reliable release for it will have plenty of work, but it's not a gold mine.

It will come, just not today.

8. Calkidd

Maybe this is random, but here is a video how it works.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkNhBwAJ0h0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Calkidd

Rastoff is this your video?

10. Dickgshot

This is the guy from Trapshooters search:
    Gordy Keller, Duncan, BC., 1-250-710-5926

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yep, that's my vid.

I have a couple of friends who are mechanical design engineers. I would love to work out how to make a release for the Cynergy.

12. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I'm reasonably sure I can do it but I don't own a Cynergy. A good friend was going to let me try on his but he backed out due to Browning warranty issues. Anybody want to give me a Cynergy for Christmas? Well?

Mark

13. Calkidd

There you go Thewildones, you MAY get a complemntary trigger job, just have to supply the gun.

Bryan

14. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Mark,<br>Where are you located? What is your experience?

15. Thewildones

Thewildones TS Member

Thank you for all the comments.

It's actually not my cynergy. My friend Ray recently purchased one and was looking for a release trigger. I will pass on the informaation. Thanks again.

16. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The video is actually very interesting if you look at the details. I think I now understand why some people say they don't like the trigger on a Cynergy.

When the trigger is pulled in the video, you can see the mechanism move up (and the trigger move aft) over a significant distance before the firing pin is released. I'm pretty sure this will create a sense of "take-up" or "creep".

My Browning Citori trigger has a lot of take-up in it, but I can deal with it by pulling the trigger aft until I feel resistance. That quickly becomes a part of my mounting routine when I shoot that gun and I don't give it much thought. But in the Cynergy video it looks to me like there may be no natural spot where the take-up ends - it appears that the resistance in the trigger might feel uniform from initial actuation until enough motion has occurred to fire. If that's the case, the trigger will feel quite different than most other triggers.

I would be very interested in comments from Cynergy owners as to whether my surmise as to how a Cynergy trigger feels is correct.

Ted K.

17. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Ted K.,

I bought a new combo this year. I am sensitive to trigger creep/ take up in handguns. I don't notice any creep or a heavy pull with mine . Maybe I got one of the good ones ?

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The one in the video shows a lot of creep n crawl till the sears disengage allowing the firing pin to fall! So much for that icicle crisp break huh?

How a shooter presses, pulls on or slaps a trigger at the crucial nano second wanting the sears to let go determines his impression of a triggers quality. I don't know of a shooter that can shoot consistent scores with a bad trigger, either pull or a release! According to the trap experts, trap is a game of crucial inches via precision pointing. If thats true and and it certainly is, why would a shooter want a 9 pound trigger pull or all the creep and slipping till the sears disengage is beyond me! Trap is a game of inches with precision, precision rifle shooting is a game of fractions of an inch. Target rifles have trigger pulls measured in ounces, especially those standing on the podium with the gold in hand?

Hap

19. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Mark, where are you located, what is your experience?

Rastoff,
    I live in SW Tennessee near Memphis. Actually my experience with release triggers is limited to building for 1100's and I built a set for my Winchester Select.

My strength is in being analytical and mechanically inclined. I owned and operated an industrial grinding and light machine shop for 30 years.

I guess my point is that I am interested in this type work and, being retired, I have time to mess with it. I've done work for friends at my gun club and much work for myself. Releases aren't that complicated but to do a one-off takes lots of time. Once the first is built then not much problem.

I'm not really trying to sell myself right now as a release builder mainly because of liability concerns but if I did some occasionally and with sucess I might consider it as a business. Right now I enjoy tinkering and doing things that others don't believe can be done.

20. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I posted the gunsmiths name and number in B.C. I shoot a Cynergy, and have had all kinds of people ask me about the trigger. My answer is always "I have no idea! I see the bird, move the gun, and the bird breaks. I have no idea what the trigger feels like, so it must be okay. If it was a problem, I wouldn't be shooting the scores I am." I don't shoot a release, but 2 of the guys I shoot with do, both built by Gordy Keller, and they are more than happy with their triggers. One is an A-27-A shooter, and the other is a B-24-D shooter. I think that the stories about Cynergy triggers being no good are just that;stories. Perhaps there were some problems at one time, but they have been ironed out now, and the triggers in the new guns are better than the Citori triggers, in my opinion. If anyone wants information on the Gunsmith, or the release triggers, send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy release triggers

release trigger for browning cynergy

release trigger for browning cyngery