1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy with light primer hits

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emm2, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

I have a new Browning Cynergy that 4-8 times per hundred will have light primer hits. I'm wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen? I've taken the stock off and cleaned the mechanical part but that didn't help.

2. philk

philk Member

Which barrel ?

3. emm2

emm2 Member

lower barrel

4. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

emm2,

I work at a range and I've seen tons of light hits with many new guns. Are you using Gun Club or other less expensive ammo?

Shoot well,
    Tom

5. philk

philk Member

Got a few thousand rounds thru mine using factory STS and reloads with WW primers with no problems yet.

6. emm2

emm2 Member

They are using reloads and factory winchester AA. Does not happen any more often with the reloads.

7. scott k

scott k TS Member

yes. needs a longer pin just like the xt's. you would think browning would learn from the past.

later scott

8. Beni

Beni Member

Never, Ive shot about 2500 rnds through mine using Fio, cheddite, and win. primers. the gun is flawless.

9. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

Got about 3,000 rounds fired with no problems!

10. sstella

sstella TS Member

I have shot my Cynergy combo for 2 years now with about 5k rounds. I have never had a light hit on the primer. But I have been having ejector issues 4 or 5 times through a match it will not throw the shell but only lift it with a strange poping noise. Any thoughts before I remove the stock and clean the trigger asembly?.

11. emm2

emm2 Member

I have 2, a 12 ga field model that works perfectly and this one is a 28 ga that is having problems. I took it out again last night and it worked fine for 50 rounds then acted up 5 times in a row, then it run 75 more flawlessly. I don't know whether to shoot it some more in hopes something will wear in or send it back now.

12. emm2

emm2 Member

I shot gun scrubber into the holes. What is the best way to clean the firing pin holes? I'll try almost anything right now.

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ifitfliesitdies, Gun Clubs use the Premier primer, the same as the STS.

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Cynergy sporting with 20,000 and no trouble with it. I use all type of ammo and they all fire off. Top or bottom barrel.

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Barry===== the gun clubs shells manufactured after about april 15th of 2009 now use the sts primers. for the past several years they used a steel primer cup with brass coating. they had a bunch of problems with them. the date code on the box atarts with a c,d or e and those ar ethebad ones. some of the c's were ok but most of the d and e's were bad.

16. philk

philk Member

kraiza, thats the most rounds thru a Cynergy I`ve heard of so far, how is the new design hinge system holding up ? Any noticable wear ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.