1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cynergy vs xt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

whats the difference between the cynergy combo and the xt combo?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I loved the looks of the cynergy.....but when they stuffed the XT style trap stock on it....well it ruined the looks of the cynergy.
    From what I have read. The trigger is much better on the cynergy.

3. AEP

AEP Member

Thebetter gun is what-ever you like and shoot best. You can own the most decked out Kolar, but if it does not shoot well for you then it's not the "best" gun. Both the Cynergy and XT are good trap guns. I own a Cynergy combo and like it. I can't imagine the trigger on the Cynergy being better than the XT cause the trigger on my Cynergy was BAD. I fixed it and posted a "how to" fix the Cynergy triggers on this site.

If you like the XT buy it or if you like the Cynergy buy it. If your not to crazy about either one save your mony. If you purchase a gun that your not to crazy about you will never shoot it well and that's not the guns fault. It's in your mind, and that is not to say there is anything wrong with that either. I knew a guy that shot an old beat up side by side. I would have not wanted to go up against him in a shoot off.

There is no doubt that some guns fit differently. With all the adjustments on the stocks these days I think if properly adjusted all guns should work pretty well.

Just my 2 cents worth

Respectfully Submitted,
    Andy

4. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

Very good reply - I agree wholeheartedly.

I am going to look up your Cynergy how-to.

Ben

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Funny, I've owned an XT (bought it brand new, not used) for about 3 years now. Have never had one instance of trouble with the trigger.

I've got a buddy that used to shoot a Citori and shot it very well. He decided to buy (brand new) a Cynergy combo set, and he can't hit his foot with it if he tried. He's disgusted and keeps threatening to sell it.

I like Andy's statement. The better gun is the one you shoot the best.

Kevin

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Both guns are of equal quality. They will both last a lifetime if maintained properly.

This really does boil down to what makes your heart sing. One day I will buy a Cynergy Trap combo.

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I was picking up some primers and powders today and saw a new Cynergy Combo today for the first time. What a beautiful gun. 34" bottom single and a 32" O/U. $4400, thought it may have been a bit higher but it it what it is.

8. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Just bought a cynergy combo new and love it, fits me will, started with an XT then MX 14 combo, then and older citori combo, really like the cynergy. Tony

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The XT has a much better trigger on it and you can find someone to work on them if desired. Now the Cynergy, that's another story. No body will work on them.
    I forgot to mention the XT will have a much higher resale value.

10. philk

philk Member

Triggers on both Cynergy`s I have, a Euro Sporting and a Trap Unsingle Combo, are as good as the triggers on the Citori`s that I have had. Both break pretty clean at 4 1/2 lbs.

11. philk

philk Member

Don`t know any gunsmiths that would turn down money for doing a pretty simple job such as slicking up a Cynergy trigger.

12. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

The first thing I noticed about my Cynergy was the longer wrist. The XT has a shorter wrist, which makes the nose of the comb impinge on my thumb. I try to get a good grip over the top of the wrist, and couldn't do that with an XT, but the Cynergy just felt right, right off the shelf. It is the only gun I have ever picked up that hit my shoulder with my eyes looking straight at stacked beads, completely stock with no adjustments to anything.
    The trigger felt good, a little stiffer than my old Citori, but not too heavy, and nice and crisp and consistent.
    I went to practice on Thursday, and broke 24 of 25 singles, with a little dust trail off the missed one, then 24 of 25 handicap with another duster, 24 singles with a clean miss(my brain just quit on that one), and singles sucked. It is a little too short for my mechanics in doubles, so I'm getting it lengthened and shooting a more open choke for the first bird, and hope my score comes back up to a more respectable level.
    so long as I shoot it near the scores I got with my Citori, I should be happy with it for many years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.