1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Unsingle Barrel Weighting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by benedict1, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Love my Browning Cynergy Trap Combo, especially the O/U barrels. However, I need to get some added weight on the unsingle to match it, probably about a pound.

1.) How do I get into that top, fake barrel, get that plug opened so I can put a mercury recoil suppressor from Brownells in there? I believe that a 20 ga. diam 8 oz will fit the thing, just slip in, and hope the plug can be reintroduced. Anybody help me on this part? Any links to somewhere the problem has been addressed?

2.) Weight forward: I can get the Graco clamp on in 4, 6 and 8 oz version but would also like to know if there is any flat, rounded weight that could be stuck on the barrel below the rib. That would be easiest because the barrels once weighted could be left alone. The Graco has to come off when the barrels go into the case. I thought about a piece of bar solder, carved to fit the area/barrel contour and stick on with Velcro. Any other ideas, or does someone make a barrel weight that sticks on? I think I have seen them on Perazzi Unsingles.

Thanks for your help.

2. Beni

Beni Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Hey Walter, I have an 8 0z. Kolar clamp on weight I use on my cynergy unsingle barrel. There is no problem keeping the weight on and storing in the case,good luck Beni
  3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Had the same problem with my son's XT unsingle combo. It is a new gun to him this year and early in the season he complained that the gun felt too "whippy" and that he was swinging through the targets.

I weighed the two barrel sets and the unsingle was 6.5 oz less than the O/U.

So I unscrewed the plug from the top barrel, inserted a piece of high density foam and then poured in 8oz of No. 8 shot. Packed the tube with more foam and screwed the plug back in.

I am sure you could put some form of recoil reducer in there, but the shot was pretty cheap.

He has broke 99 twice and 98 once sine we did it about a month ago so I think it's working! He said the recoil is also reduced since we added the weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.