1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy trigger problem??????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Aug 27, 2013.

1. superump

superump TS Member

Hi, I have a Browning Cynergy classic trap combo that a absolutely LOVE! i have had it three and a half years with NO problems. The gun is very consistent and I average 22 to 23 when I shoot league. Last week I was shooting for score and I had what seemed like a hesitation or delay when I pulled the trigger and then the shell fired, I had the un-single barrel on the gun. It messed with my mind not knowing what to expect or why it was happening. The gun fired fine the rest of the round. Then the next round about half way through, it did it again, and it really messes with your concentration and rhythm. Has anybody else had this problem with the Cynergy, if so what did you do to fix or solve the problem? AND does anyone make a release trigger for the Cynergy? Thanks in advance for your help, advice and opinions.

2. lucky hunter

lucky hunter Member

I have the same gun and put 20,000 rounds through it in 1.5 years so far....no problems on my end of things knock on wood. I don't know how many rounds you have put through yours but it may not hurt to clean the trigger assembly and just look over the springs and other parts to see if there are any obvious problems. If it keeps doing it, I would suggest taking it to a gun smith and having it looked at.

Kyle

3. philk

philk Member

Are you sure it wasn`t a primer problem ?

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was thinking the same thing PRIMER Problem

Gary

5. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I agree with the primer diagnosis.

Gordy Keller does releases for Cynergys, and as far as I know, is the only person doing so. He is in Duncan, British Columbia, and can be contacted at 250 710 5926.

6. johnpe

johnpe Member

I picked up a Cynergy Sporting right after they first came out and it came my main gun about three years later. After about 7000 or so rounds it began to occasionally double. I had it "fixed" and after about another 5000 more rounds it began to double again. I left that shoot and went immediately to Feland's. He fixed it and to date, with many thousands of rounds fired, it still works well. It's my opinion that all things mechanical will fail after a lot of use. When it happens, get it fixed by the best mechanic at your disposal and enjoy it until you wear out something else.

Johnpe

7. superump

superump TS Member

I don't think it's a primer problem - I shoot cheddites and have used them since they came out and with two other guns never one primer problem. You guys have a lot more shots fired through yours than I do so I think I will check out the trigger assembly and if it continues I will take it to my gunsmith, Thanks

8. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I had something similar happen with my sporting classic. Turned out to be operator error. After I mount the gun, I normally pull the trigger enough to take up the slack in the trigger and then call pull. Turns out when I was getting these odd delays it was because I wasn't taking out the slack in the trigger and by the time I reached the point at which the gun would have normally fired my brain had already picked up on it and caused me some misses. I would start by checking this (may require a friend to observe or a camera) and then if the problem continues I would look for mechanical problems with the gun.

9. lostandout

lostandout Member

if you shoot cheddites have your firing pins looked as brownings will burn through them could be dirty or pitted

brian

10. superump

superump TS Member

Thanks for all the great comments, I am going to have the gun looked at this winter.

Search tags for this page

browning cynergy problems

browning cynergy release trigger
browning cynergy sporting problems
browning cynergy trigger problems

cynergy trigger problems

timing issue on browning cynergy shotgun
trigger problems cynergy browning
trigger problems with browning cenergy