1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Hi, I have a couple of questions about the Browning Cynergy. I am looking to buy a Cynergy unsingle trap combo new or used and have run across a couple differences. Some of the combos have a dark green browning case and some of them have aluminum cynergy cases, why the difference and any value difference in cases? the cynergy case really looks nice with the cynergy symbol on the inside. Second question is I have seen a cynergy trap combo picture with a swoosh and clay bird on it instead of the engraveing and Browning symbol. I have checked the browning web site but can not find the cynergy with the clay bird on it and it is not the golden clays edition, it was just one clay bird on the side of the gun (prob engraved). Thanks in advance for any clarification and help.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't know which case comes with the combo for sure but I think it is the aluminum one. The other is the one that comes with the $500 free accessories you get when you purchase any Cynergy model.

3. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

If you go to Cynergy on Browning’s web site you will see the current case is a hard case covered with green cloth.

Bob

4. superump

superump TS Member

So has anyone seen the browning Cynergy I am asking about with the clay bird and swoosh on the side?

5. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I had a 2006 manufacture sporting model that had a swoosh clay bird on it. It had the inflex recoil pad system and was replaced by the euro-sporting model.

6. AEP

AEP Member

Haven't seen one with the clay bird.

The aluminum looking cases that come with the Cynergy are JUNK. Mine started falling apart with a few months. The cases are not an alumunum like Americase. They are a cheap case witha thin aluminum cover over the masonite. When it gets hot the aluminum covering expands and creats bubbles.

I purchased an Americase. The Americase is heavy. There are other cases out there that are cheaper and will do the job for going to and from the trap club.

I love my Cynergy. I kina wish Browning wouldn't put anything on the side plate.

Andy

7. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

Explore your options, I owned a cynergy for two years. It got me from the 21 to the 27 quikly, but the triggers are terrible. I had it set to 3 1/4 pound and it crept all the way back to 7 pounds. I was fortunate not to develop a flinch. Also the adjustable comb would move after 500 rounds and need adjusting. Good value at its cost but if you have the dough spend it elsewheres.

Jake Rosmaninho

8. superump

superump TS Member

Hey AEP thanks for the heads up on the cases but doesn't the cynergy trap combo also come with the dark green browning case?

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You would be much farther ahead purchasing a Joel Etchens Beretta 687 combo than any Cynergy out there. I have only laid my eyes on 2 of them in the shoots I attended this summer. I don't think they are much of a hit in my neck of the woods.

10. AEP

AEP Member

In response to "Hey AEP".

I think they do. You would need to call Browning.

As for the comb coming loose...I have not had this problem. Be aware the Cynergy is not a K-80, Kolar, or Perazzi. It is a good middle of the road gun. For the price you can do upgrades. The comb is adjusted through the recoil pad. There is a hole that an allen wrench fits in. That is fine unless you want to install a adjustable butt plate. Then it could be a PITA.

The trigger can be worked on. I have mine set a 3 lbs and a pretty crisp pul. I posted an article awhile back telling persons how to do it. If you don't feel comfortable doing it DON'T. Send it to a pro. Just make sure the "pro" knows what their doing. I called around to various gunshops around the country and I was amazed what most were planning to do. One of the known shops wanted to hone the sears down to a dangerous point. That will work for a short time. Then when the sears wear the gun will fire upon closing. That's not for me.

Like I've stated in the past. If you like a gun, and it fits you proper you will shoot it well. If you don't like the gun and it fits you well you will never shoot it well. The cost of the gun has nothing to do with breaking targets. It's not the gun. Its the shooter.

I'm just a weekend shooter. The Cynergy works fine for me.

Good luck in your decision,

Andy

11. philk

philk Member

The comb hardware can be replaced with better stuff if it bothers you,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.