1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy or XT?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likemybrownings, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I am thinking of upgrading from a BT-99 to an unsingle combo, And pointing at many more targets this year, I need some help deciding wether to get the Cynergy or XT. Would like to get input from other owners, reliability, shootability etc. am new to the site today, but have read quite a few answers and comments to guys questions and I think most guys here are pretty helpful.
    Thanks Dave B

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I would lean toward the Cynergy. I like the way they point better than the XT. I currently own a Cynergy Sporting and have over 8K rounds through it with no problems.

I've also owned an XT. When it came time to sell a gun because I needed some cash, the XT went and the Cynergy stayed.

One thing to think about is the trigger system. If you ever need a release trigger, the Cynergy is not for you. I've heard that someone converted a Cynergy to a release, but it was expensive and the smith said he wouldn't do it again.

3. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

DAve,
    I have shot the cynergy when I was shopping for a shotgun, but decided on the XT. I bought the XT Gold with the adjustable comb, and the gracoil recoil reducer. Last year I shot over 7,000 registered targets with it and have no idea how many practice targets, but can guess that I have shot at least 12,000 practice targets. I go to the gun clubs usually twice a week, and generally shoot six rounds every time I go. Plus I have a machine with a voice call set up in my back yard at home. Twice I had shells that did not go off in the bottom barrel, and that was a lot of rounds ago. Both timne the shells that did not go off were brand new factory AA Handicap loads. I really enjoy shooting this gun. The only regret that I have is that when I was shopping for a shotgun I did not do enough research. If I had it to do over again I would purchase the XT unsingle combo golden clays. I love the gracoil and the adjustable comb. I keep an eye out for an unsingle barrel for sale. If I ever get a chance and the finance committee (my wife) approves it I will buy an unsingle barrel for my XT. This is just my two cents worth. Try hard to shoot before you buy. Enjoy shopping
    Jim B

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Dave, I would go for the unsingle hands down for a couple of reasons. First resale value is higher on the unsingle. Second you can get a release trigger down the road (good for resale as well). Third you can get a PFS stock for it down the road if you wish. Forth I'm not crasy about how stiff the cynergy opens and closes for such a long time,(like its not fitted to reciever well) and I just like the regular trigger better on the XT's. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

5. gus in pa at work

gus in pa at work Member

6. AEP

AEP Member

Buy what you like, and you will shoot it better. (It's a mind thing). I own a Cynergy and love it. For a weekend shooter I shoot it well. I have the combo and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would buy another one. I have shot about 15,000 rounds through it and have had no problems.

When I was looking for a new shotgun I was looking at the K-80's, and Kolars. They are both fine shotguns. Most likley they are better than any Browning, however, what makes a gun better? Reliability....I have had no problems Hits the targets better.....I break targets just fine. So my question stands. What makes one gun better than another????

The Cynergy does have poor triggers, which can be fixed. The Cynergy comes with a bad gun case. It is usable, however, at some point you will buy another gun case.

The best part is the Cynergy is cheaper that the high dollar guns.

Whichever one ypu choose you should be happy. Buy the one you like the best.

Happy Shooting,
    Andy

7. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

I can tell you I do shoot the xt unsingle and did have some trouble withy it but now that it is corrected would strongly rec. it. Not major trouble, just took a while to get it all figured out. No cheddite primers and no browning adj. comb. If you want to hear about it pm me your name and number. Dont want to bore everybody here.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Able Ammo prices must have been pretty good as last look they only have one type left in stock. They had both the 30 and 32, with and without adj. combs. Only the 30's left more than likely with adj. comb only. Unless of course they got some more in? Break-em all. Jeff

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Guns Unlimited in Nebraska has the best prices on new Browning guns.

10. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Guns unlimited is the only place you will by an unsingle combo new.

11. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

12. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have only shot the XT, (as does my brother-in-law and his best friend,) but a good friend at my club shoots the Cynergy combo. (Limited expertise!) As I get it...the XT is a '57 Chevy and the Cynergy is an Edsel. Martinpicker

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I don't like the reverse hammers in the Cynergy.. They are bound to give problems down the road.. The gun was a poor copy of the Flodman..which is a fantastic gun.. They botched the fee.. balance.. and certainly didn't mimic the quality.. The XT would be a much better choice in my book..

14. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

XT ... Regards, Ed

15. superump

superump TS Member

I just bought a cynergy classic trap combo. I was ineterested in the XT also. I did a lot of research and handeled both guns. I did a LOT of pricing and ended up buying the cynergy combo from Cove Creek Outfitters and I absolutely could not find a cheaper price anywhere on the net or in gun stores. Another thing is until Dec. 31st you get $100.00 cash back and $500.00 worth of items from Browning for purchasing a Cynergy and joining the Cynergy club. I should have the gun early next week and can't wait to shoot it. Cove Creek was great to deal with and sent me a lot of pictures of the guns so I could pick one out with wood that I liked. When I picked out a gun and asked for more pictures and pictures of the box and serial number they didn't hesitate and then wanted to know if I needed more. I could NOT find the gun any cheaper.

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

XT and don't look back!!

17. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

XT-better resale--unsingle/combo--guns unltd by a mile!!!!!

18. superump

superump TS Member

the only addition to the Cynergy I just ordered will prob. be a gracoil shock adj pad. I have one on my BT 99 Golden Clays and love it. Hey AEP what case is the bad case? I have seen some Cynergys with the aluminum case and I heard they are bad but I got the Cynergy with the Browning green canvas hard case. Is that a bad case to?

19. RRA

RRA TS Member

I bought my XT combo from Guns Unlimited. I got the top single and now wonder if I would have liked the unsingle with adjustable rib better... If you can, shoot both. The XT has a better resale and a cult following.

20. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Get the XT. There is a reason why you get a $500 spiff when you purchase the Cynergy. They cant sale them. In my area there isn't but 5 Cynergy's and countless XT's.
    With all this said get the one that fits you the best, not the one all us forum noitall's thinks fits you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.