1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Light Primer Strikes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I've been reloading Remington hulls using Fiocchi primers and have not had any problems in my Browning Cynergy Classic Trap. Fired about 7500 rounds with 0 fail to fire. I switched to Winchester hulls and now have 2-4 light primer strikes per 25. Always the bottom barrel (unsingle and o/u). The gun has less than 10,000 rounds through it. Wouldn't think I have weak springs yet? Anyone had this problem?

2. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

with my reloads of winchester primers in a AA hull the primer sits much farther into the hull than on the STS and i get light strikes ocassionaly. its probably a mix between weak springs and how the primer sits in the hull. then again i am using winchester primers and have never used fiocchi's.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Make sure your primers are completely seated in the hull.

MK

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

The AAHS hulls rim is about 5 thousanths thinner than the Remington so the primer sits that much farther away from the breech even when mounted flush with the back of the hull. Add to that the fact that Fiocchi has the hardest primer cup of those I tested. Plus it is a flat vs domed cup and it becomes a very unfriendly reload in certain guns with softer strikes or shorter pin protrusion. I had a Ljutic Bi-Gun that had many many FTFs with that combination. The cure is to go back to Remington hulls or use a domed primer in the AAHS hull for that gun.

--- Chip King ---

5. shootsome

shootsome Member

Based on this information I tried setting the Fiocchi primers a bit proud in the primer cup of the Win hulls and the FTF's stopped. Apparently it was the head issue caused by the thinner metal rim on Win hulls.

6. Andy F

Andy F TS Member

I have a 3 year old Cynergy with about 30000 rounds through it. I have only used Federal top gun factory loads since new. I have never had a problem until about two months ago. Im getting on average one light hit in 25. Its the under
    barrel as well. I checked the firing pins and found no defects and the upper
    and lower mic exactly the same and 70% of the 30000 rounds is from the under
    barrel. I just logged in here today to see if anyone has any ideas or fixes. I think its something going on in the gun. When I get a light hit Ive given the shell to another shooter and it fires. I cleaned the firing pin and assembly the other night used it today and had a the same problem. Im called Browning Monday but dont expect much help from them.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doesnt browning have a longer firing pin for the lower barrel. I read something on TS awhile back about this same problem.

8. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

With my cynergy combo I've just started to have this problem my guns at 21,825 shells thru it I found the bottom firing pin hole dirty I have a spare set of firing pins the orginal bottom firing pin was .002" shorter than the top(you could see the tip of the pin was flattened with a magnifying glass) I installed the new pins which were the same length as the orginal top firing pin I removed. Bryan

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Compare the shape of the Winchester primers to the ones you now use. The Win primer has a slight taper, so does the Win hull where the primer bottoms out. You probably wouldn't have light strikes with Winchester primers because they fit the primer pocket.

Hap

10. philk

philk Member

grunt, the only longer pins I`ve heard of were for the Citori.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy light strike on primer

cynergy browning light strikes