Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynergy ( How are they on resale? )

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  cubancigar2000 
#1 ·
Are they as good as Citori's ?

#3 ·
I just sold 2 Cynergy's with that "ridiculous recoil pad that dips 2 inches into the stock" (that actually works quite well and is ridiculously easy to change l.o.p.) for $1725 each. That's what I walked away with after shipping.

I don't recommend you buy ANY shotgun based on selling it. If the gun fits you well, buy it and shoot it. The design of the Cynergy has never caught on with the guys that like a "traditional" look. The Cynergy's slim receiver make them feel and handle GREAT. The Cynergy also has mechanical triggers so, if you want to tube the gun, that's one less thing you need to worry about.

I purchased a Blaser and decided to sell all the other distractions in my safe. If I were to purchase another Browning and the choice was between the Cynergy and the Citori, I would take the Cynergy every day of the week.

Buy a gun for the right reason...

#4 ·
I shot a Citori for about 15 years, then when I retired, I sold it and bought a Cynergy. I shot the Citori okay, but the Cynergy is GREAT! I don't care what the resale is, I buy a gun to shoot, not sell. The triggers in my gun are better than the Citoris I have shot, and so are those in every other Cynergy whose owners I have talked to, so ignore Garys comment on the triggers. Release triggers are available, contrary to popular belief, but gunsmiths who can build them are few and far between, so you have to do a little searching.

Most of the negatve comments about Cynergys are from people who have never owned them, never shot them, and are afraid to try something new, because someone else might think poorly of their choice. I think that if the same gun was produced by Beretta, Perazzi, Kreighoff, or on of the other expensive gunmakers, they would be more popular. It seems that you either love them or hate them, but Cynergys are here to stay.

#8 ·
I broke a gun at the state shoot and borrowed a cynergy from a guy who i had shot his guns before with good sucess, broke a 91 in handicap with it, I loved the cynergy. If my budget would have been double what I spent on my SKB i would have a new cynergy combo in my gun cabinet, and I plan to someday have one.

#10 ·
I owned a 32 inch Cynergy sporting clays when they first came out. The trigger pull weight was bad and the gun bounced off my shoulder when shooting overhead targets (it had the inflex style pad).

I did make out fairly well when I sold it though and got back a pretty good price --- it was the 32 inch SC gun with the adjustable comb. But from what I have seen locally with the trap combo models, the Citori based guns will sell quicker and for more money.

#11 ·
I own a cynergy that I got for a very good price. It is the composite 28" model. I shot it a lot. It's probably my best gun for doubles. I've moved on to more dedicated trap guns. It is now my Skeet/SC/back up gun. I've loaned it to several people. Every single person loves how it shoots and comments on the reduced felt recoil by that funny looking butt pad. I've turned down a few offers well over what I paid for it. I don't think I could ever sell this gun.

Back to the OP's original question. I have to say resale is good and just as good as any citori as far as resale amount. The draw back is the market size. The earlier cynergys must have been bad or something and given it a bad name. People seemed to be turned off by them. So when selling a cynergy, you're going to have a smaller market. That just means it might take a little longer, but you'll get good money for it when it sells.

#12 ·
For the record, I never said the Cynergys were horrible shotguns or that they don't work for people who own them. I simply responded to the OP's original question by providing the factual answer that Cynergys do not resell on par with Citoris (speed of sale and % recovery of MSRP).

Cynergys are like Blasers in this regard: If you KNOW they work for you, GREAT -- because you can get one used at a bargain price. This is actually a wonderful thing. So there's no reason for my comments to anger people, and that was not my intent. In fact, I'm actually providing a SERVICE to inexperienced shooters by pointing out that you should NEVER BUY UNPOPULAR GUNS (e.g. Cynergys) OR LOW-LOYALTY GUNS (e.g. Blasers) NEW UNLESS YOU GET A HUGE DISCOUNT AND YOU'RE SURE THEY WORK FOR YOU.

Micro-Economics 101. Ignore these realities if you wish, my friends, and do so with my blessings.

God is Love.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.