1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Composite?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BDog1971, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDog1971

BDog1971 TS Member

I am new to this forum and relatively new to shooting trap and am looking to upgrade my gun.

I am considering going with a Browning Cynergy Sporting 12ga 30" with Composite stock. I live in the Denver area and can't find one in any stores around me. Anyone own one of these?

I am first wanting an opinion on a composite stock. Is this something that will reduce the weight of the gun and thus help with the swing. Second, I am assuming that the gun should hold up as well and possibly better than Walnut. Is that an accurate assumption. Third, any opinions on the quality of the gun and fourth, how does it shoot?

I am very open to the Walnut stock on this gun as well. From what I've seen on this forum and others this gun will fit me well and is in my price range.

I would appreciate any input/feedback from others on this forum.

Thanks,

Bruce.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The composite stock is not lighter than the wood. The composite and wood stocks have the strange looking pads that do not seem to fit most shooters very well. Browning offers conventional wood stocks now for the trap and sporting models, and I would certainly look at those before you buy.
    Also composite is not as smooth on your face, and the stock gets very hot if you leave it out in the sun.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good stock- I think it might spread recoil out and recoil does feel less with this than with the wood stock

The recoil pad works

Gene

4. BDog1971

BDog1971 TS Member

Dick,

I had not thought about how the gun would feel up against my face and your comment about the gun getting hot would be of concern.

Have you shot this gun?

5. BDog1971

BDog1971 TS Member

JoeE1,

Thanks for the reply. Do you own a Cynergy? I am glad that someone with experience replied back. I think the wood stock may be the best as it would have a smoother feel on my face, but am curious to see what you think about the grip on the forearm with the wood.

I went to Dick's Sports and held it and the forearm, where the wood was in the "diamond" pattern felt uncomfortable. It didn't feel right in my hand. Did you experience the same thing or what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Yes, I have and I stand by what I said. For me the stock was too thin, too short and too low. You can buy pads to lengthen it. Though the stock is adjustable for height, you have to buy additional combs to change the cast.

The pad may work to reduce recoil, but it is an odd shape and you can't change the pitch. Also, You would be hard pressed to replaced it with a KickEez or other aftermarket pad.

I know there are shooters that like the stock configuration but there are many shooters that liked everything about the gun except the stock. I'm one.

7. scorpman

scorpman Member

I have the Satin Composite with 28" barrels and I like it. It fits me fine and shoots well. I wanted a durable gun since this will be my trap/pheasent/duck/goose gun. I don't have the cash for an expensive trap gun, plus more guns for each additional purpose. Look on GunBroker for a deal and see if you can have it shipped to a local FFL holder. That is what I had to do. Use the Browning Cynergy Club Rebate to get an extended 5 year warrenty, $100 check, a hard case, soft case, range bag, & hat. They were quick in filling the rebate order, too - under 1 month.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I should have mentioned above

I have had both

the stock isnt hot against your face

Its not rough

The recoil pad as I mentioned works

The felt recoil in the composit to me is less- I think its because of some flex in the stock itself delays recoil

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

Bdog
    I have had 3 Cynergy's, 2 trap Combo's and 1 sporting. My sporting was wood but I shot one of the composite with the adjustable comb models also. I like the composite and did not notice anything bad about the feel on my face, but then again I have a bit of padding on my face. I would not worry about the composite if it fits you. The recoil pad does work very well as it is and they have a shorter one if that will shorten the LOP down to around 13 5/8 if you need a shorter LOP. The negative to it is that you can not tilt or cant it so if it feels good like it is go for it. If you will need to modify or change it them get one with the standard stock so you can change it to fit you. I like the Cynergy a lot and think they are a good gun but I encourage you to try to find one you can shoot so you can get an idea of if it will fit you and how it feels to you. If you want to talk send me a PM and I am happy to talk with you about it.
    randy

10. BDog1971

BDog1971 TS Member

I really appreciate everyone's time to help me on this post.

The more I read this the better I feel about investing into a Cynergy gun. I think my only question now is which stock to go with. I know that there are pro's and con's to every gun out there. I am going to continue and try and get my hands on a composite to see how it feels.

I have been looking on Gun Broker and agree that the promotion that Browning is offering on them right now is very attractive and much like scorpman I don't have money for a gun for each sport and am looking for something that I can use for trap and then use if for when I want to hunt.

Good shooting.

Bruce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning cynergy composite review
browning cynergy composite sporting
browning cynergy composite stock and foregrip

browning cynergy review

browning cynergy sporting composite
browning cynergy sporting composite for sale

browning cynergy synthetic