1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Combo Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by T-Rex, Sep 3, 2013.

1. T-Rex

T-Rex Member

I am looking at a Cynergy Trap Combo and was wondering what experience fellow shooters had and what they thought of the cynergy? I am currently shooting a 682X combo. Thanks Brandon

2. missemucho

missemucho Member

I do not own a Cynergy but I have shot one. I doubt that most shooters on here would regard that as a step up from your present gun. If you want one, buy it used as their resale isn't good for a Browning. My uneducated guess is that once the present run is sold off they'll be quietly dropped for a 725 combo.
    JMHO
    John

3. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I previously owned a Cynergy classic sporting and now own a trap combo and I really like it. The original comb hardware on mine has been replaced with a more traditional set-up but honestly I don't know why. Its not as strong as some others but it's not going to break under normal use and it's super easy to adjust. With the adjustable comb, the adjustable rib and a RADII system the gun fits me like a glove and I shoot really well with it. I even found that the sporting classic with just an adjustable comb fit me well.

Resale may seem to be bad but, it's really not unless your paying MSRP. I have found some really good deals on new ones that make resale just as good as any other new gun. I would check guns unlimited of ohmaha if you intend to buy new (and possibly even used, in either case I would call them first). Definitely don't pay MSRP for it. If buying used you should be able to pick one up in the $3500 range depending on condition.

I'm not a fan of Berettas so the Cynergy would be a step up for me but, for most people it's probably more of a lateral move.

4. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I owned a Cynergy combo, I own a 682 Gold E combo, and I currently shoot an MX 2005 combo. The Browning and the Beretta are two entirely different guns . I needed to go to a release so I sold the Cynergy. Mine was a newer version and I had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. I had over 20k rounds through it .

The Beretta and the Cynergy feel and swing differently to me . Try one and see if you like it . And for those who say there is a resale problem with the Cynergy don't know what they are talking about . I sold mine the first week I had it listed and I didn't take a beating ......

5. copey

copey Member

Unsingle much much lighter than the double set. Mechanical triggers are nice

6. T-Rex

T-Rex Member

Thanks for the comments, the one i am looking at has a RAD on it and he is asking 3000K. Gun is in like new condition and hasn't had a ton of rounds through it. Thanks again.

7. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

$300K (three hundred thousand) seems high but $3k (three thousand) sounds like a good deal if it has the case, chokes, extra sites and all the stuff it came with new....I paid more for mine and it has lots of knicks and dings. I would jump on it. If you don't like it you should be able to get your money back and then some. My uncle has been wanting me to sell him mine for some time now and I'm sure he would take it for $3k.

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

One of my friends started out with a Cynergy combo, then bought a Perazzi combo. Every time he goes into a bit of a slump, or thinks he should have piocked up a couple more birds than he did, he cases the Perazzi, and goes back to the Cynergy for a while. He just feels more comfortable with the Cynergy, and uses it as a confidence booster, I think.

$3000 is a great price for a Cynergy combo, even if it is a 30"-32" set. Jump on it.

9. T-Rex

T-Rex Member

Thanks for the input guys, I am going to pick it up tonight and shoot it this weekend.

10. flasch192

flasch192 Member

Yep, for 3gs better jump on it

11. Slimmer

Slimmer TS Member

I think you made a good choice. I love mine. Paid 3500 for it. I hope you like yours as much as I do. Break em all. Resale is fine you won't loose a cent on it.