1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Combo Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I bought a Browning Cynergy Combo and found the Unsingle barrel is 7 oz lighter than the over/under barrel! That's pretty sloppy. No wonder these guns aren't selling. My 682 combo barrels weigh exactly the same and my cheapie SKB Combo barrels are only 2 oz different. Is the weight difference this bad on the Browning XT Combos, too?

2. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Does it really make a big difference ? I have an XT Combo but never weighed the barrels. I just shoot em.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

widomaker,

Obviously you aren't good enough to know. It makes a huge difference in a competition gun.

shootsome,

Just another reason why I gave up on Browning break-open guns some time ago.

ss

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Total weight and mass distribution are different

if the barrel on the single is 2 or 4 inches longer than the O/U it needs to be lighter

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Short Shucker that a strong statement on Widomaker. I don't think you have seen the shoot. I would bet he know what he doing. I would look at his ATA record. It speaks for it self.
    John

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

kraiza,

Would you please "spell check" your post. I'm having a hard time following you.

ss

7. shootsome

shootsome Member

Gene, Are you saying that because the unsingle is 2" longer, it should weigh less in order for the moment of inerita to be the same for both barrels?

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

A couple of things.
    #1 who cares about spelling on here. If you cant follow someones post then just move on to the next post.
    #2 Yes I have to agree, the Cynergy combo is way down the list as far as combo's go. Just a little above SKB maybe. It is hard to believe someone would figure this out after the purchase. These are things one must do before the lay down of the cash. Boy, what a surprise.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well actually its a number of factors

The moment arm changes- with length-

Just think about it- the distribution of weight has to be different over 34 inches or 32 inches as compared to 30 inches

I cant tell from the post if the differece is 2 inches or 4 inches

This might have actually been a design decision

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

GN7777777,

I've always preferred my barrels to be nearly identical in weight, at least within one ounce. This always helped with my follow through on single trap targets. I tend to spot shoot doubles (a bad habbit), so pointability becomes an over-ridding factor.

I understand what you are saying about the W X A = M, and how that effects the handling characteristics of each barrel. I've heard stories over the years about how fussy some shooters get when shooting a new gun. They are very adamant about barrel weights of said gun.

I haven't quite reached that "Zen" level yet, and probably never will.

ss

11. shootsome

shootsome Member

Gene, The barrel difference is 2" (34/32). Maybe it's a design decision? Like Shortshucker, over the years I've become used to shooting combos with barrels that were close to the same weight. I thought all combos were made that way. But I guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy 2 barrel combo