1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cynergy classic trap shooters???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shrek, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Hi folks,

A question for the browning cynergy classic trap shooters.

How are you getting along with them?

Pro's??? Con's??

Reliablity, how has that been?

I am kickin around the idea of thinking I might like to try one, but no one around here has one that I might try out a little without buying.

2. sparky391

sparky391 TS Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I had a sporting cynergy that I shot trap with before they had a trap model out. My experience was that frustrating as they gun shot well but no matter how much I cleaned it, it would not fire every so often. Very frustrating when your standing on the line. After the second trip to the gunsmith in a year I traded the gun for a Baretta technys gold trap. I'm much happier now. I would by another Cynergy, but only for hunting. Good Luck, Jerry
  3. jaybw

jaybw TS Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I've had mine for about a year now. Actually, this is my second one. The first one shot about 5 or 6 inches to the left. I sent it back to Browning (through Gander Mountain). Within 6 weeks I had a new one, no questions asked.
    It's a beautiful gun, and shoots great, not too light, not too heavy. It fits me perfectly, no need for an adjustable comb, or rib.

Now that you mention it, the first time (and only time) I used the top barrel there were a couple of shots that did not fire. I figured it was because I did not close the gun hard enough. (sometimes I'm too gentle with stuff). I opened the gun and closed it and it fired. (When I pulled the trigger). Have not had any other problems at all.

To answer your question, it's a great gun, reasonably priced for what you get, and I certainly can't complain about Browning's service. I give it a thumbs up.

When I sent my Cynergy back, I figured I wouldn't see it for about a year. So I went and bought a Remington 1100 competition to use in the mean time. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that gun, let alone a flying target. Yeah, I know, it's not a trap gun but I figured....wrong. I'll stick with my Cynergy.
  4. chastaj

chastaj Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I bought one about 2 months ago and have fired approx 1000 rds through it. No issues at all, soft shooter, but does seem to shoot slightly to the right. I have the adj comb, so am attempting to see if I can over compensate and straighten it up. For the $ it seems to be a very sound gun and I would recommend to anyone.
  5. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I have had my cynergy trap combo for a year now. I am very pleased with it.
    Jim Kennedy,Aztec, New Mexico
  6. philk

philk Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Goshen, IN
    Waiting for one to come in on wednesday, not selling the BT and Citori Pluses just yet. I do have a Euro Sporting and have no issues with it, works great.
  7. rrose

rrose TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have an unsingle combo that you are welcome to shoot if you are close to Cincinnati. I have fired it only about 400 shots and am thinking about selling it as I still like my Cynergy Sporter better. Some how the sporter just fits me better and is the only off the rack gun that has fit me as is. I find that the lower profile receiver makes them point faster than my custom stocked XT and the trigger seems to have a very fast lock time and be crisp although no one is able to make a release for them yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.