1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cynergy Adjustable rib Question ??!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flasch192, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flasch192

flasch192 Member

Can someone Explain what the adjustment screw on the back of the rib does ? I get what the front does ......

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

The screw on the rear raises or lowers the rear of the rib. It takes alot of "clicks" before you can tell the change. Make sure to loosen the center support screws before adjusting the front or rear of the rib. Hope this helps. If you need to you can download the owners manual at the Browning website.

3. flasch192

flasch192 Member

Woukd it have an effect on P.O.I ?

4. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Any adjustment to the rib should have an effect on the POI. It's a shame Browning does not explain it better. My new trap model didn't come with the correct manual and I had to down load it because Browning didn't have any printed copies, but that's a different thread...

This is an excerpt from the manual:

m a k i n g RIB a d j u s t m e n t s

3 The sight picture is adjusted
    with the rear adjustment screw
    located on the monoblock
    just above the chamber area. It is a spring detent
    screw, giving audible and tactile clicks as it is adjusted. Using a suitable screwdriver, turn the screw. Clockwise rotation will lower the rear of the rib and counterclockwise will raise the rear of the rib.
    4 By trial and error you can adjust the overall height and vertical
    angle of the rib to create the desired alignment that works best
    for your style of shooting.

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

If you adjust the front of the rib (I mean the end above the muzzle) until the target sits just above the front bead when you shoot, you can then adjust the rear of the rib so that you have perfectly stacked beads. Once you get the gun adjusted in this way, you will get a very good indication of whether you have mounted the gun properly each time it is your turn to shoot.

Note that you can get a very similar effect by adjusting the comb up or down, once the front of the rib has been adjusted to where you want. So the net effect of the rear rib adjustment is to allow you to change the height of the stock relative to your shoulder - as you move the comb up to line up with the beads, the stock moves down. If you want to move the stock down, move the stock and the rear of the rib up.

Or do it in reverse - adjust the comb up or down until the recoil pad feels comfortable on your shoulder, then adjust the front of the rib to where you want it, and finally move the rear of the rib until the beads are stacked.

And of course, the sight picture I mentioned is not the only one that can be used; you could adjust the gun to get the rear bead to cover the front bead or adjust the front of the rib to shoot when the target is slightly above the front bead - whatever you like.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.