1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CVR Wireless

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dickboog, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickboog

dickboog TS Member

My club is interested in changing over to CVR Wireless. Right now we have the wired type of CVR. Would like to know if the best thing to do is sell the wire type and order all new speakers and stands or go with the kit to upgrade to wireless. The difference is only $400 to buy the complete kit, over the upgrade kit.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Give Gary Parker at Bob Schultz a call, he is a good source of this type info and doesn't mind helping. Jake

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

We just got back from the North Carolina Hall Of Fame shoot. They ran 8 fields shooting a bank system. They used ERAD's on the starting trap of each bank and wired CVR's on the 2nd trap.

Take a look at ERAD also.

38-01615

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

The wireless CVR's are great. Purchase the whole new system and either keep the old system for back up or sell it as a set. Give Bob Shultz a call.

Gary Rickard, TRPC

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you're interested in selling the wired set....and the price is right, our little club is looking for a pair, that some club is looking to upgrade to wireless.

Doug Braker

6. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Our club just replaced 6 wireless units with the latest upgraded models. They reportedly have a greater range of communication. One thing we learned is that when a sending unit (mic controller) is turned off for any reason, the main on/off switch must be turned off and back on to re-establish communication with the rest of the system. Failure to do this will create a no target problem. At a recent three day shoot, we had no problems with the newer units. They sure are handy when it comes to moving them around for caps and set up.

7. trapcrew

trapcrew TS Member

Our club recently upgraded to the wireless units. They are great. The biggest problem is keeping shooters from turning them on and off. This creates a situation where the main control has to be turned off and then on again. If you keep people from messing with them, they are the greatest. Contact gary at rmclaysports and he will work with you. He might even consider taking yours in on trade. We were able to sell ours. Depending on condition, you can get from $600 to $800 per unit which will off set your new unit cost. Best of luck.
    john

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Bump up.....for Bomba !!!!! He Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

my club in Anchorage tried them...we had a hell of time with the batteries not lasting when it was cold out.

Maybe they took care of that problem by now...I just know they didn't work well for us. Club decided to stay wired.

10. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

The picture is from the Great Salt Lake Gun Club and those are two of the handsome shooter from the great beehive state!!!!(at least my wife thinks so). Bruce

11. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Shot NC H of fame using wireless, worked great no problems on 4 of 8 banks as
    nomderf says above..............

12. rmclaysports

rmclaysports TS Member

Dick, Being a Canterbury distributor I have been asked your quetion many times.
    What happens when you choose to upgrade, is you use your existing Mics and Mic stands as well as the PSU/Relay in the trap house from your present system. You then have the 5 mic cables, 1 power cable, main control box and the trigger switch and cable left from your wired system.

With the complete wireless system, you get everything new, leaving your wired systems complete. Many clubs choose to go this route and either keep the wired for future expantion plans for seldom used traps, or sell the wired complete systems to reduce their capital outlay. Used wired systems will quite easily bring back $700 to $800 in good operating condition.

Hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have addional questions I can help you with. 720 520-5327

Gary Norton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cvr wireless