1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CVR Test Kit

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron74, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron74

Ron74 TS Member

Am interested in this kit, but would like to know exactly what it tests on the two control boxes. Our biggest problem, as it is for most clubs is the cables and that is not hard to remedy so wonder if the price of the kit warrants purchase.

RonB

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

According to some, you can't draw breath without it.

HM

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

We have one. Been sitting in the club closet for 2 years. All it's going to tell is whats wrong/not working/broken. Unless you have the ability to repair the faulty parts on site (not the cable connectors) I'd say save your money. YMMV.

Eric

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

A tool is only as good as the mechanic using it. The test kit you are asking about will identify any problems you may have with the CVR and in my opinion well worth the expense. Should one be savy enough to identify the problem using this test kit then I would certainly expect they are capable of making a repair. Repair to the main control box is another issue however and normally requires it be sent to someone like Brian Pierce or Bob Schultz. Also there is another Thread titled "Canterbury replacement Speakers". There is good info posted there that may help you. Jake

5. Ron74

Ron74 TS Member

Thanks for the replies. I guess it is not a diagnostic sort of test set, so switch and swap would tell you which box is kaput just as well and that is free.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

cables can be tested with a simple continuity tester or Ohmmeter.

Not rocket science. Speakers can be determined to work or not work by hooking to the earphone jack on a transistor radio. Also not rocket science.

If you go further you will have to worship at the feet of those those chanting the mantra of "balancing" "sensitivity", and "voice frequency".

Be careful, it reminds me of the auto shop salivating at the sight of a non mechanically inclined female.

Caveat Emptor.

HM

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of the perpetual 'target setting' thread that is occasionally posted. One group says 'just get'em legal, that's all thats needed'. The other group prefers to do things, or fix things,,the right way. I prefer to shoot at a club that does things,,and fixes things,,the right way. It's not hard to tell which is which,,and it's well understood as to which club gets my money.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Easy way to check the small transformer box that goes in the house. Power the box up and short the 2 pins on either side of the keyway. If you hear a click when the pins are shorted together then the box is working.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.