1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CVR system Microphone wind buffers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by larryjk, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryjk

larryjk Member

We have a lot of windy, gusty days at our trap and skeet club. The wind gusts cause the CVR systems to release birds that haven't been called for. We have tied panty hose over the microphones, but isn't there a commercial cover out there? If anyone knows of such a product, please put it on this thread.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A piece of fake fur fabric over the microphone mouth should work. The fake fur helps to dissapate the wind. It's similar to what I use on microphones outdoors. You could also try some open pore foam sheets 1/4" thickness minimum.

Eric

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Larryjk, pantyhose work and are inexpensive. But what I think works better is the alumnium beverage holders. Also a foam coffee cup with the bottom cut out works well. But answer to the question, no I have never scene a commericial fabricator market one.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Is there not possibly a sensitivity adjustment of some sort that could be set a little lower so the wind does not set of the call?

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

WE have the same wind problem in Great Falls Mt. We used to have the same problem and what I did was go to Wally World and get some short black mens socks. It helped. Now that we have the kit to check DB on all our mics, we put like mics together and all be darned....most of the problems go away. We could have used that in Missoula this last weekend. I think it would have helped the random target thing. I doubt it would have helped my scores tho

Rickyd

6. arrow

arrow Member

I am building a test setup now to test some ideas for reducing wind thrown targets with Canterbury Voice release systems.
    I am testing this with my Pierce Mighty Mics but they should work with OEM Mics or any of the ABS plastic mics out there now.

I will let you know if I come up with any thing.

Bryan Pierce
    Pierce Sales and Repair
    432 Oakridge drive
    Portage WI 53901
    608 617 6631
    e-mail piercesales@verizon.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.