1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutts tools info please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of guns with Cutts Compensator tubes on them. Awhile back I purchased some extra choke tubes off of someone here on Trapshooters. One of my friends came over last nite with a "present." He brought what he said were two choke tube wrenches for the Cutts chokes. One is stamped 12 and one 20.

However, the span of the wrench is not wide enought to fit the choke tube. Are these wrenches for something different than the Cutts choke tubes or were there different sizes of tubes ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Amboy49

2. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

Those wrenches are made for the "LYMAN" internal thread type tubes, which are smaller across the outside than a Lyman CUTTS type tube.

The one marked "12" is equivalent in size to the .410 wrench for a CUTTS. It is not hard to think that the wrench must have been mis-marked, but a really old-time shooter would have had a better chance to be exposed to the seldom-seen Lyman Choke, so don't feel bad about missing that boat.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.