1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting the budget-Wrong

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Please accept my apology in advance for the following email about an unpleasant subject. I tried very hard not to do it, but because it helped my perspective and made me feel much better; I thought perhaps it would do as much for you. It's tough, but we all need to do our part.

By making sacrificial and proportional cuts in your own personal budget, you can appreciate that budget cutting really cuts to the quick.

The President ordered the cabinet to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget.

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $3,000 a month on mortgage, fuel, groceries, insurance, utilities, etc. etc., and now it's time to get out my budget cutting axe, go line by line through my expenses, and get to work.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio as the President - 1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $3,000 a month; I'm going to have to cut that number downward by eight cents. Yes, I know that is a lot and I must somehow get by with $2,999.92, but that is what sacrifice is all about.

The President has requested that we get some of our own skin in the game with everyone else. So we'll just have to do without some things, that are, quite frankly, luxuries those eight cents normally buy us. Guess I'll have to put a little less vermouth in my martini or give up lemon in my wife’s gin and tonic. I know – I know it will be a tough decision.

Hope this helps brighten your day ... and gives you a little better understanding of just how serious our President is. Feel better now?

There are still people who believe him, and think he's doing a great job. What the hell happened to common sense

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Tremendous sacrifices by you and our great President. You've motivated me to do the same. I'm going to cut .15 out of mine just to contribute my part. It's going to be tough, but just call me a patriot.

3. smsnyder

Nice budget.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

smsnyder--Hell i'm just impressed you almost got this thread in the right spot. Least its not in the shooting section. I'm giving you an "A+" for you effort. Way to go. LOL

On the sacrifice subject, i'm doing my part. Started a few new hobbies. Does that help?

Matt

5. smsnyder

Well thanks MATT. Just another snowy Sunday morning here in PA.

6. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Great post, I'm joining in and have done the math, mine come's to 1/1000 of 1/cent I'm going to round it off to the full "cent". Thanks for the morning laugh!

7. smsnyder

8. grntitan

It aint just us Trap shooters either. Great pic. Where the heck you find that? That should be the new Wall Paper for this site. Hey David.

Matt

9. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

There is no "President of the United States". He's just a puppet on a string. A dog on a leash. Who ever owns the Federal Reserve Bank is running the farm. The crop was a world record! We don't need jobs in this country, only money.

Harry Lyga

10. smsnyder

Google--- Do it yourself Barack Obama Poster. This will be intertesting

11. grntitan

12. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Your frugality and sacrifice are indeed noble and noteworthy.

May I suggest that you work harder and give more. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get the ata to hold 99 target events so we are all doing our part!

14. smsnyder

Bill Grill good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.