1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting hole for stock wrench in pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Taxidermy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Found a new way to cut a clean hole in Kick-ez pad for stock wrench, I took an old arrow cut it to 3 inch sharpen the inside chucked it in my drill press after drilling a hole larger in the hard plate put a few drops of break free and set it on a wood block and it bored the smothest hole , the plug stayed in the arrow shaft. You can use it as a plug for the hole if you want. I though I would share this with everyone. thanks Ronnie

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I use a 38 case with a small bolt in the primer hole . Like you said alittle lube and a nice clean hole .

3. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...cool idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Alf99- I have also used 357 brass to cut holes. After I mounted the brass on a rod through the primer hole and put the rig in my drill press, I sharpened the edge with a fine file by inserting it into the brass while turning on the press. I then cut a few very small teeth similar to a saw blade in the sharpened edge. Brass from a 357 will allow a deeper hole than a 38.

Pat Ireland

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Seems like any piece of tubing cut to length and sharpened would work well. Marc

6. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have found the thiner the cutter the better the cut, smoth hole and a plug for the hole if you want. Ronnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.