1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Customer Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

These days it seems that most companies have forgotten what real customer service is about. I have had three very positive customer service experiences lately; Benelli, Ruger, and Briley. Without going into all the details, suffice it to say that in each case the company involved went the "extra mile" to do something they probably didn't have to do. They provided a service/product because they wanted to do the right thing and cared about the customer (me).

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Although this post should be in the Off Topic thread, I wanted to reply.

I have found that good customer service has improved in the last few years. I think that due to the economic downturn, more companies are realizing that keeping a customer happy is a matter of survival. Lets all hope they remember that when times get better.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I retired from a company who believed that the products they sold could be bought anywhwere and the service they provided was the main thing that would help them be successful. The owner had a no questiones asked policy. If a customer wanted something ( even though it appeared to him that they were scamming for something for free) they got what they wanted PERIOD. He started the company with little money and 18 years later sold it for $100 + Million. Customer service is the key

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

FNG, Please be careful about putting anything in the "Wrong" thread. There are off topic & typing POLICE everywhere!!!!!! Joe W.

5. FNG

FNG Member

My sincere apologies; please officer, could you just let me off with a warning ?
    I promiseI won't do it again !
    Merry Christmas to all !

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

With groups like Cerberus Capital Management owning over a dozen gun manufactures I would expect that the customer service or at least personal attention will dwindle.

large layoffs and restructuring for only the most profitable lines are the hallmark of investment banking firms. What Bean counters and bankers don't understand is that sometimes its the lower profit items like the 3200 Remington or 40x that accounted for quite a bit of their good will and increased the companies reputation in the field.

Mark my words within 6 years of acquiring any gun company an investment banker will suck out the profits and reduce the size of the company considerably. When this happens the customer service suffers.

Years ago when I went to College and Annie Oakley was still shooting(lol); my economics professor taught that it is a business owners responsibility not only to their customers but their employes and the community.

Once the MBA programs started teaching Business ethics everything you could do legally for profits became ethical. They forgot about social responsibility.

I hate to sound like a liberal but this time there is an identifiable problem. It's not business or profits it's simply the way business is conducted presently.

Joe

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Benelli, Ruger, and Briley

Guns and related? How could these be off topic?

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

FNG,I Believe Your Last Comment Will Work.Maybe you have "dodged the bullet" This time, i hope so.I have been called out twice on my typing,so i am walking on "thin Ice". Joe W.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I always put the subject in the correct category and it should be that way but screw the typing police! A lot of folks on here are not college educated but are better people than some who are. They are also ( like myself) getting old and they hit keys by mistake etc. Who cares, I dont

10. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Thanks Lou, i am feeling a little better. You are my Idol!!! Joe W.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Joe,

"I" should be capitalized. LOL. I am just joking around. Jon

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Typng tooo fas so it is what it is! At least thats what I think!

Joe goldberg O-shnt I forgot to cap the G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.