1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Customer service at Wenigs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terry, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry TS Member

Two weeks ago I returned from Wenigs where I had a crossover stock made for my TM-1. I arrived at 0730 as instructed and was sent to the shop to meet Jimmmy as he would be working with me. Out came the pattern stock, the Bondo, files etc. Next came a trip to the pattern board which we had to cut short because of a rain shower. We went back out in the afternoon and i fired 150 rounds and was lucky to hit 12-15 targets. i was very fustrated, confused and beat-up. i then asked if they would put my original stock back on They did and i smoked five targets with my bad eye. So i asked them to make the new one the same height as the old one. i like to shoot a pattern high. Day two. I came back and basically it was a repeat of Day one. I had them put the trap on straight aways and then i could see that i was shooting low and to the left.

So here comes more Bondo, lots of it. t;hey told me that they had never seen anyone shoot such a high shooting gun!!We built it up and i started hitting some targets. i then said i was TOO SORE to shoot anymore as i was starting to flinch. i made arrangements to leave and stop back by on Thursdayand try again.
    now they had to cut a new blank and put an adjustable comb on.. Thursday it was done and out to the range we went, but this time Fred and JImmy went. After Fred looked it over, lengthened it, adjusted the comb, cut on the pistol grip, i was back to smoking the straight aways. I am expecting it to be shipped in a couple of weeks. I was told what the finished product was going to cost to the penny. They told me that they would keep making them until i one that fit right and i could shoot. i don't know what else you can ask for than that. i did have a nice enjoyable visit with Dr. Frank Rively at the shop as he was having one redone alos. I would not hesitate to go back.

2. JPK1957

JPK1957 TS Member

I'm thinking of having a crossover made. Did they give you any idea of the cost?? Thanks, John

3. Terry

Terry TS Member

I HAD the standard grade wood with standard checkering and finish. Kick-ez recoil pad, adjustable comb and also had the checkering recut on my forearm. The price was as quoted $1480.00. I am anxious to get it back so i can start shooting it. It was amazing how good the targets looked with my left eye taking over. Hopefully i will be shooting with both eyes open soon. Any other questions let me know. send me an email and i can call to answer questions. i think i can give you some tips if you decide to do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.