1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Customer NO service. Do I expect too much?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by High Brass, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Do I expect too much from customer service employees? It seems that customer service is a lost art. It is so rare that even my bare minimum standard of service is met these days. I'm only in my 30's but I feel there is a lost work ethic in the younger generation. I like to get a Market Fresh sandwich a couple times a week from Arby's. It's about the only fast food worth eating, but that is another rant. When I order it I ask to have the cheese sub’d to cheddar instead of swiss. Every time, they have held the swiss cheese and then charged me extra for adding cheddar. Each time I have to get the manager to come and fix it. What kills me is they give me the total and are completely oblivious of what they are doing. I ask them why I have to pay for cheese twice and their only response has been, that's the only way I can do it.

Even when I go to a nicer restaurant and pay more for a meal, I get consistently lousy service. Usually by someone with a bunch of tattoos and piercings who at best give the wrong message to my young daughters of acceptable appearance standards and at worst they scare the hell out of my daughters by looking like a character from a Tim Burton movie.

Do I expect too much? Are my standards too high? Thanks for the help

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

No, but going back to these places that let you down...well just dont go back. Its really simple poeple Dont give a s^&*. As far as Tatoos and all I find no connection to bad service. Best you can do is let the management know your not happy. I have a 3 strike rule for dinning out. I always let mangement know what the problem is. My favorite resturant in my area. Carmelas in kingston Ma. Nothing to fancy. Always busy. Good food.

3. tlea

tlea TS Member

Fear not, help is on the way. Soon you'll order a sandwich and they'll FAX the order to India and in no time they'll send it back ready-to-eat.

4. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Hell, I have ben waiting four months for a forend From Remington and you think you have poor service???????????Roger

5. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

I usually get great service because I smile, say please and thank you and because I appreciate how hard a job it is and act like it. Consequently, when I come in the wait staff enjoys waiting on me because the last guy in was High Brass.

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I web-purchased a couple of choke speed wrenches from a company named "LG Outdoors". They were Carlson wrenches and the company billed itself as representing Carlson. The wrenches turned out to be the wrong ones so I sent them back for refund to PayPal account. In the meantime I called Carlson who was surprised to learn of this company's claims.

Anyway, it's been a month and despite many calls and emails, I've yet to see a refund to my account and doubt that I ever will. DL seems to be a strangely organized company I'll never do business with again and am warning others about

Morgan

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    For restaurants with waiters/waiteresses, if the service is good, I tip well. More than the norm. When service is bad, no tip.<br>
    <br>
    And yeah, it's amazing how bad some fast food 'restaurants' are. The Arbie's in my area are pretty good. They seem to have managers who crack the whip on the crew.<br>
    <br>
    Wendy's USED to be OK, but now they slop the burgers together so badly you'd think it was a McDonald's and everyone was stoned. It almost unbelievable just how mashed together the food is.<br>
    <br>
    I've gotten to the point that since it's my hard earned money, it gets spent on fast food places that are clean, the food i served correctly, and the help is friendly and seems like they actually want to serve you.<br>
    <br>
    I've also scouted out some full service restaurants in the area as alternatives to fast food. A local mexican restaurant (La Caretta) has M-Th 2 meals for $12.50 specials. Cripes, you can spend that at many fast food joints without blinking. And Marie Calanders or however you spell it has good cups of clam chowder that comes with a brick sized chunk of cornbread. A lot more nutritional than most fast food. Even Chinese food to go, if carefully ordered, can be about the same price as fast food.<br>
    <br>
    The point is, there ARE alternatives to lousy food and lousy service. You just need to look into them.

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

An incredible number of the minimum wage employees at fast food and similar businesses are confronted with technology that overwhelms them. The pace in these businesses is so hectic that they receive little training and virtually no constructive supervision. They are encouraged to NOT think but rather to trust the technology, and when confronted with any out-of-the-ordinary situation (like "no cheese") they cannot handle it.

I completely avoid these businesses, not because the food is bad, but because I don't want to try to deal with the aggravation and frustration that comes with asking these kids to think on their feet.

Morgan

9. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Morgan, thanks for your input. You are absolutely right. It really isn't their fault. My concern though is that we are putting an entire generation in a position that they cannot function in and that overwhelms them. They are held to no standard and therefore have not work ethic. As for you KID, I take it you are in the food service industry. I'm not sure why you assume I'm an unpleasant customer but in fact I am very nice, just unsatisfied.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Then there's the problem with money. If your order comes to $9.05 and you hand them $20.05, they have a mental meltdown.

And speaking of substituting cheese, I was a lunch regular at a restaurant for a decade and a half. Usually didn't like the soup that came with their sandwiches, or they'd be out of soup by the time I got there. No problem, I'd sub a cup of chili. But then I started noticing I was paying more, and sure enough, I was being charged full freight on a cup of chili in addition to lunch. And that was their now official policy. Chili was an additional item. I finally gave up and went elsewhere.

11. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I happen to live in an area that really has to compete for lunch business. We have no zoning so there are private clubs all over the place. The standard for lunch is a good sandwich and homemade soup for $4.50. Each club posts their daily special on a large, easy to read sign. They also have monthly handouts with each days lunch and dinner special listed. Competition is good for the consumer.

12. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Hey High Brass is the DL company in Jackson, Ca. if so I have a real good tale to tell you. ALSO CHERKEE KID YOU'VE BEEN ON THE RESERVTION TO LONG.

13. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Hmmmm. coyote 198, where did the 198 come from? You must of added up your IQ, body temperature and net worth.

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Man you are a pathetic bunch, it's the season to be jolly, just because some entry level employee can't fill your needs and kiss your a&* you're upset, offended, gee whiz I had to eat American cheese instead of swiss. At least you and your family have something to eat.

Yeah customer service has gone to hell and do you want to know why?

Because we are all a bunch of customers, we don't build anything in the States anymore, unless it is debt to keep whiners from whining, Whiner

15. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Thats the number of the (brain dead) reservation boys I've throw in JAIL

16. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

High Brass.......You make some very good points. But look at it this way.....Customer Service is generally better than Civil Service. Hell, come to think of it, ANYTHING would be better than the Civil Service!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content

customer service that is too much