1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

custom triggers for the 1100

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by turmite, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

I have seen pics on here of some custom triggers for the 1100 that look like they were made from stainless, or possibly alum. I noticed a post last night that had a Timney trigger and tried to find one on their site, but could not find any type 1100 trigger. I googled Canjar, but no site found. I'm searching for a pull trigger only.

I am also considering having the gun and barrel armalloyed or something akin to it. Would be a matt finish. Now I need to know if anyone has shot a trap gun with this type finish, good, bad or ugly??? How does it clean, does it stain, does it chip or peel?

Mike

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

0   0   0

Timney's are/were available with either a blued finish or stainless finish. You'd have to contact Stu Wright about availability as he now sells the Timney trigger. They are a very worth while modification and can be had as either a pull or release.

ec90t

3. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

I've got one more Timney all steel pull trigger for sale. Email me for pictures. $200 shipped.

IMO armaloy or hard chrome would be fine for the receiver but I would leave the barrel blue. Ross

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

1100 triggers are very easy to work on. Find a good smith and he can adjust the weight of pull and get rid of the creep. HMB

5. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Hey guys thanks for all the answers.

Ross, why not have the barrel coated? Not questioning you, just looking for understanding. On that note, how about one of the polymer spray/bake finishes?

This is for my soon to be 13yr grandson who has really taken a liking to trap. The gun had a minor amount of surface rust when we got it, and I've been able to keep it at bay, but every time you wipe the gun you get that light brown tint to the rag. The grandson would much prefer a matt black, but I haven't found anything except the poly finishes for that. I have too much experience with matt blue, and don't want it.

I'll pass on the steel trigger if it is going to add two or three oz, as this grandson is not yet had his pre teen growth spurt yet.

Mike

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Are Timney 1100 triggers available for a left-hand receiver (with a left hand cross bolt safety...assuming they have a safety)?

OR....will a right-hand 1100 trigger group work in a left-hand 1100?

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

0   0   0

Tim,

Timney's are safty less. They are very easy to spot because of this.

ec90t

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

ec90t

Do you know if they'll work in a lefty 1100?

This is for my daughter's gun. She shoots it OK now, and I've had some trigger work done to the one that's in there now.

Just thinking of a "future upgrade."

9. leftex

leftex Active Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Since there is no safety to contend with you can make a lefty Timney trigger out of a righty by simply changing the carrier assembly. Left hand timneys were/are available. I have 2.

Wayne

10. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

0   0   0

I have a Timney with a safety, my son ordered it that way. He used it in his 1187 slug gun but now its in my trap gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.