1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbls_champ, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

Does anyone know if the higher end guns, like Kolar, Krieghoff, Perazzi still offer custom stocks? I know that Kolar use to build a custom stock for free, how about Krieghoff and Perazzi?

Thanks in advance

2. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

For the right amount of $, any company will either build you a custom stock or arrange for it to be done. Kolar, I believe, still includes a nice looking grade of wood cut and shaped to fit the shooter. Upgrading it with better wood and additional cutting and shaping is available for additional $.

I cannot speak for Krieghoff or Perazzi.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Perazzi sure. Just call Luccio. Go let him fit you. Easy as pie. Jake

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

chatbrat/Phil

During the past couple of weeks, I have talked with Dennis DeVault for about five hours regarding his stock fitting beliefs and co-authoring a book on stock fitting.

In case you don't know, Dennis is the originator of the Wenig 'New American' and the Kolar 'Twisted Sister' stocks. The stocks are not being made as Dennis designed them but they do reflect 'some' of his beliefs about stock fitting.

Dennis believes in an upright shooting posture, no cast at the heel (the heel is always in-line with the bore) and an Etchen-style grip. He makes custom stocks, fits existing stocks and makes shotguns with the fastest, most consistent lock times on the planet in his location in Canton, Ohio.

If I were having a stock made or fitted, Dennis is the man I would choose to do it.

Rollin

5. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Rollin , anyone who has been personally fitted by Dennis knows how dedicated, talented & honest he is. I really thinking very hard on keeping my 391 as a doubles gun & going up to Canton again & get an Infinity, hope I can do it justice in this world, can't take it with me!!! I believe the infinity is the best deal on the planet---custom fit,killer wood, best trigger out there, totally reliable,cased & an unbeatable guarantee & a terrific price for what you get-----Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.