1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

custom stock question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

would wenig custom stocks be a good investment for a tm 1 & browning special trap grade over under. i don,t particularly like the looks of stocks with all the adjustments on them. i am thinking of going the custom stock route instead of one of the higher priced combos any ideas? thanks dwain

2. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

check out Dennis DeVault, he makes the finest custom stock in the nation. ( in my opinion) and also has some of the most beautiful wood ive ever saw in his shop

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

a new stock doesnt mean a custom stock

price range can vary from 500 --5000 or more depending on the definition of what you expect

so if price is a factor- consider that

Gene

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

gene..according to wenig.a fitted stock costs between 800 to 1800 depending on wood grade. if you show up at there place at 7.30 in the morning they can have the stock ready to shoot by the end of the day. final finishing & checkering takes an additional 4 to 8 weeks depending on what you select. i know nothing about them but was considering this investment for the 2 guns i mentioned rather than uying one of the gigher priced combo sets. any adice or opinions would be appreciated.thanks dwain

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Dwain;

You did not actually say that a new stock would include a visit to the stock maker for a fitting but I strongly advise it. Unless you know for certain that the stocks you have, fit and allow you to use the correct shooting form, a fitting is very likely to be beneficial.

Rollin

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

that price is for the fitting I think

my range was from inletted (just the difference between semi inletted and inletted is a big jump) plain standard measurement stock to finished , fit and highly figured turkish walnut wood made to your fitting measurements

the point is- you have to know what you are paying for and what you want

will have to look at the notes above

the best service is the fitting- because to just buy a stock- not fitted to you - even if it has better wood wouldnt be accomplishing anything

regards

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.