1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Stock Cost

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Express, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Express

Express TS Member

I am thinking about having a custom stock made for my Beretta Combo. It looks like a decent wood is going to run about $900.00 to $1100.00 How much do I budget for the labor in making the stock and how long will it take?

Thank you

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It will depend on who does the work, and exactly what you want done. If you take it to Wenig, you will probably spend between $1500 to $2000 to have them make the stock, finish it, and checker it. If you want an adjustable comb installed, it may go even higher. As for turnaround time, it will depend on how busy they are at the time you want the work done. Six to eight weeks would be a pretty good guess......Just my observations......Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

If you go the Wenig route, its going to take awhile. I ordered a inlet stock/forearm about 7 wks ago. They qouted me 4 wks when I ordered. Good Luck

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Eric,

I ordered a semi-inletted from Wenig last week. I will have it next week, as it is being made today.

ec90t

5. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Now how is that.. I actually ordered two, K32/TMX. Both Extra Fancy, one English, one Claro. Is there something I have to say to them to get them to speed up the process?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Eric,

It does help to know the right people. LOL. Actually mine go slid in on another order. Whenever they run a order and have an empty spot on the duplicator they make that one for stock. I'm just taking the one that would have went to stock.

ec90t

7. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Express contact the above company in Polson, Montana. You will not be disappointed, I was not. Aj.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why would you pay all that money for a custom stock without spending the additional few hundred dollars to have it custom fitted?

And why use your own wood- ?

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

FWIW....The word CUSTOM, at least for me, has almost always been synonymous with another term; LOSE MONEY.

Unless Your having a custom fitted stock made, why bother? If all You want is a nice piece of wood that matches the dimensions of your OEM wood, why not buy a stock someone else had made? You would probably save some money.

I've bought several VERY nice stocks over the years for 40-50% of what that wood and work cost the original owner. And having work done by a non "name" stockmaker....be VERY careful.

FN in MT

10. Express

Express TS Member

I have already been fitted by a professional. After he tweaked the factory stock, it is not very pretty. I have all the stock dimensions on paper.

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

if you already have the dimensions then call Cole Gun and put it on their machine.

Tom

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dimensions change from stock to stock and gun to gun- what you have on paper is worthless actually

make it a little thicker- or change a curve- or an angle-- and everything changes

Gene

13. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Gene brings up a valuable point: Dimensions on paper are of little use when it comes to comb and grip shapes.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.