1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Shotgun Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jsa3107, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am having a custom stock made for my k80
    The question is I want an adjustable comb on the stock
    A few have made the remark if you are having a custom stock why would you make it to adjust
    I want it to be able to adjust in the future if I feel the need
    They feel it takes away from the custom wood
    I also think that when I sell it it will help sell the gun
    Any thoughts...

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jsa, the reason I'd want an adjustable comb is........what if you gain or lose a little weight. You might need to readjust it to get it back where it shoots where you are looking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hauxfan!

3. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

Per my conversation with Dennis DeVault, stockmaker par excellance, an adjustable comb (for me) was necessary, as I may want to raise the POI as I move back from the 20 yard line.

That is easily accomplished by raising the comb ever so slightly as one moves further back.

Also, Dennis provides some wonderful spacers with color coded thicknesses, which makes comb adjustment in small increments very easy.

John

4. pjh

pjh Member

You also may change you style of shooting.. want the gun to shoot higher ect.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

You can always add a comb at a later time so no help in selling. If your having a custom stock built why would you sell it?

Having an adjustable comb has many advantages for a trap shooter. If you were shooting skeet or sporting I might not have an adjustable domb but with trap yes. If you change barrels or choke tubes your impact could move and you would need to have an adjustable comb. Same for shooting different events.

Joe goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
custom shotgun stock for trap shooting

custom shotgun stocks trap

custom trap gun stocks