1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CUSTOM P/W

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lefthdr, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lefthdr

lefthdr Member

A fellow trapshooter was buying some reloading components from a retired shooter who said he also had a reloader for sale. He said it was quite a contraption, not the normal loader we are used to seeing, well he wanted 500.00 for it which I did not have at that time, so I forgot about it. A couple of weeks go by and I hear it is now FREE, get it out of here. I took it sight unseen. When I picked it up it was disassembled because it would be to darn heavy to move if it were together. A couple hours of trying to figure out what goes where, TA DA! it works. Aside from the woodworking I take no credit for the ingenuity factor on this one, not to mention he used to have two hoppers on top for eight pounds of powder and one hundred pounds of shot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Wow, thats different! Jeff

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I too have one like yours. John Tyrone of Roselle Park Neww Jersey made several of these for personal friends of his. I got mine from John after it was returned to him by the widow of the man that he made it for, Leo Keller of NJ. I'd be interested to know who and where you aquired yours.

Ed Yanchok

4. lefthdr

lefthdr Member

Hey Ed, I would have to ask my friend the man's name but he lived near Westfield. I can't believe there are more of these things out there!

Doug

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've worked on one of these with the gear on the inside of the verticla up-rights. A hole through the base with a gear strap going up and down similar to this one.

It belongs to one of our own here on TS.COM.

His, if I remember correctly, was bolted to a steel table and the mechanism was mounted under as this one shows.

Whiz

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Westfield is just down the road from Roselle Park. Mine was originally made for Leo Keller of Essex Fells. Mel Hunting had one as did Frank Hollendonner, all of NJ. Mine was the first one that he made and it didn't have the verticle gear on the left, like the one pictured, but rather has a device on the right, called a Ro-Teck. He stopped using them because they were too expensive. I believe that Frank sold his, two years ago to a young man from PA.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.