1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Octagon Barrel Ruger 10-22 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ccw1911, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

I have here a one of a kind custom Ruger 10-22 I've built. Most of you know me as a custom pistol builder but I build all kinds of custom guns. This one I've had awhile and used it as a showpiece and have decided to sell it, it has been test fired only. I started with a standard Ruger, not one of the new ones with plastic parts but a very nice rifle made before Ruger started using the plastic trigger housing and other parts.

The list of work I've done on this Ruger is long so I'll just try to list it in no certain order.

The barrel is a Green Mountain match grade 18" long 1" diameter bull barrel that I milled down into an octagon both for a unique look and for some weight reduction. I left the bedding area round so it beds into the stock well. So it looks like an octagon barrel as far as you can see but beds normally. This is the only octagon barrel 10-22 I've done and it turned out to be very well balanced and easy to carry without loosing any accuracy. I put a recessed target crown on the muzzle. The rifle with magazine weighs 6.6 lbs which is not bad for a heavy stock and barrel.

It has a custom gray and black laminated thumb hole stock. I had a professional custom painter to sand it out and then spray PPG candy apple blue over it and then many coats of automotive clear over that with lots of hand rubbing. The result is a mirror finish that looks fantastic but the automotive clear coat is very tough. It reacts to ambient light and unfortunately I couldn't get a bright day to photograph it so it looks dark in these photos.

I polished the bolt and action, you won't find a smoother action. I reworked and polished the bolt release so it works like a bolt release should instead of the aggravating stock operation. The barrel, receiver, and trigger housing is coated with satin finish black Guncoat baked on polymer.

I did a good trigger job including a polished trigger and added trigger stop, not a super light trigger but nice and crisp. I fabricated and fit an extended magazine release that really helps get those banana mags out.

It has a Weigan scope rail so you can mount what ever optics you want, there is no provision for iron sights.

The price on the rifle is $475.00 plus $25 insured shipping, US postal money order is preffered for payment. It will be shipped out in a hard plastic gun case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bright spot is a reflection there are no defects in this stock. Thanks for looking. Ross

This is what the stock looks like in bright sunlight.

[​IMG]

2. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Sold to thebigski. The man recogognizes a bargain! Thanks Ski is this a new record 5 minutes?

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

0   0   0

Can't blame the man for jumping on this. That's one pretty rifle.

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

0   0   0

That is one beautiful little rifle,I guess I'm just too slow on the draw.LOL
    D.P.Reynolds

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Pretty. How did it shoot?

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the nice comments. savage99stan it shot very well just like all Green Mt barrels I've used, with the right ammo groups ran right at or under .500 at 50, allowing for a still wind and a good scope of course. I was careful to take very light cuts and not stress the barrel when I cut the octagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1022 barrels for sale
a picture of a 10 22 with a hexagon barrel

custom 10-22 rifles for sale

octagon 10-22 barrel for sale
octagon 10-22 bbl
octagonal 10 22 rifle for sale

ruger 10 22 octagon barrel

ruger 10 22 with octagon barrel