1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Custom molded ear plugs in Western Washington?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by medic23, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medic23

medic23 TS Member

Are there any dealers/makers of the insta-mold custom ear plugs in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area? I would like to get an extra set or two for myself and I was wondering if there were any reps in the area who could make a set for me. I know that you can get the do-it-yourself kits from various retailers online but I have not had any success with them in the past and want to try and avoid them if possible. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ben
  2. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

You could call Insta-mold to see if they have a dealer nearby. Contact info follows.

I work in Philadelphia so I just went to the headquarters to have mine made.
    Hihgly recommended product. I wish I got mine a long time ago.

INSTA-MOLD PRODUCTS, INC.
    610.935.7270 • 1.800.523.4081 (USA & CANADA) • 610.935.7271 fax
    Contact Us • 640 Hollow Road • PO Box 439 • Oaks, PA 19456 USA
  3. gsdesign46

gsdesign46 Member

Ben, Call Patricia Webster at 206-783-9994. She is based at Kenmore Gun Club. Greg
  4. Mongo-808-

Mongo-808- TS Member

I'm not sure if she still doing them but, head down to Black Diamond club & ask for Mike Keller's wife (I can't remeber her name). She made me a pair last time I was in WA. Still use them

Mongo~David
  5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Go to wal-mart and buy some of their ear plug mold stuff in the sporting goods section , works just fine and save yourself around 30.00, my wife helped me make mine and they work just as good as me paying some "expert" more, also-- buy the way--- go to a drug store and buy some swimmers silicon, save even more money,but if you really want too send me some molds of your ears and i will "custom" design you some ear plugs but i will have to charge you 99.95 plus shipping and handling, since my time is so valuable.

Bill
  6. nipper

nipper TS Member

medic 23 --i am assuming you are a paramedic with license number 23 in the state of washington?? I could be wrong?? Make your own "custom" earplugs.

Bill
  7. mt6

mt6 TS Member

Costco, good price,good product.
    Wayne Lyman
  8. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

David's right, Mike Keller's wife Kim has a business making them. She seems to have a table at most of the PITA shoots. I don't have her number, but I recall that it's on the bulletin board at Black Diamond. She may be at the Puget Sound Continental shoots too; they're beginning soon. Phil E
  9. medic23

medic23 TS Member

Thanks for all of the input on the earplugs; I'll try both Kim Keller and Patricia Webster before I try my luck again at the do-it-yourself kits. Bill(nipper) you are correct in that I am a paramedic but I am currently licensed in California. Ben M.
  10. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

You can buy the stuff (two part) from Gamiells (sp) for $9.95, and make your own.
  11. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

You can also go to a hearing aid office and have a set of "molds" made for about $15 for a pair.
  12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

goose, how do those ear plugs work when you are shooting your AR 15?

Tom(AJ100)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.