1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Custom Made Cheek Piece/Precision Fit Stock

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Mark S, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

0   0   0

Victor,
    In the inventory pictures there seems to be an extra character after the i.d. number on some of the items. In particular: "7", "X" and "9". What is the significance of these characters?

How would I go about trying to match the color of my forend with one of your stock cheek pieces to make sure they are a relative match?

It appears that some of your inventory is finished in a satin, and some in high gloss. Is this correct, or are they all high gloss?

What is the differance between the models that appear to be about twice the depth as some of the others. Is it just a style choice, or is there a mechanical reason?

Thank You,
    Mark S
  2. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

Mark i make about 4 models in both right and left,the ones that have a 7 is my 2007 model which i make with a extra large rounded comb,the 9 is the model i make with a very thick and high comb for high rib guns or add-on ribs ,the ones with a x are ones i made them laminated of two pieces of walnut,if the sun stays out here on Thursday i am going to re-do all my pictures in natural light and i have more #7 model and more #9 models made so by Friday i hope to have a whole new set of pictures for my web site
  3. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

0   0   0

Victor,
    The new cheek piece arrived yesterday as promised. Your pictures do not do your work justice. The finish is much better than the pictures indicate. I was very impressed with the workmanship. I was hesitant prior to the purchase about getting a decent match to my forend. It turned out to be no problem. The grain and color match just fine.
    I feel the general look of the stock is much improved with the longer, larger style cheek piece, and the feel is perfect. I installed it last night and will be shooting tonight. Can't wait.
    Thanks Again,
    Mark S
  4. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

0   0   0

VDT, have you thought about making cheek pieces for the ultimate fit comb? 10Tenner
  5. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

now i see what you are looking for...

steven
  6. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

thank you ...Steve
  7. chevy60

chevy60 TS Member

0   0   0

I purchased mine a while ago.VDT helped me with the set up for me and after a few minor adjustments I broke 100 straight. VDT does a nice job good to deal with and the wood looks better then the plastice one you get with the stock. Thanks alot VDT
  8. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

you are most welcome
  9. BradT

BradT TS Member

0   0   0

10. BradT

BradT TS Member

0   0   0

11. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

0   0   0

I have seen vdt's work in person and it is of exceptional quality.......
  12. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts TS Member

0   0   0

VDT, if you make combs for the PFS ultimate fit, i will buy one milt luther 518-256-0790
  13. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

how would you like it made
  14. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts TS Member

0   0   0

vdt, i,m not sure what info you need from me, so if you can please call me at 518-608-4243, or post your ph # and a time that you want me to call. thanks...milt luther
  15. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

905-690-2482
  16. auggie-1

auggie-1 TS Member

0   0   0

do you know of a used ljutic pfs for sale? also does there have to be any mechanical changes made for us lefties? tks gail herrmann
  17. BradT

BradT TS Member

0   0   0

18. gun1357

gun1357 Member

0   0   0

I bought a used wood cheek piece. Is it possible to have about 1/8 inch removed from the top or is it better to just buy a new one? Ron
  19. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

20. vdt

vdt Active Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.