1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom knife sheath ?'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Custom knife sheath ?

Hi Guys,Not much venison left in the freezer, so starting to think about my next hunt. I am thinking about having a sheath custom made to accommodate both my knives and maybe a small steel...the general idea being that it stay in my daypack, but can maybe be worn on the belt if required. If anyone has had a sheath made to their own design, could you please post a couple of photo's...maybe one with the knife(s) in the sheath, and another with the knife(s) beside or on top of it. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards-Graham.

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks for the link Rick. There is a local outfit that have done work for me before, and I am happy to use them again. Occasionally (read "Quite often") the concept I have in my head either turns out to be totally impractical for me to use, or unable to be executed at the manufacture level for some reason. I was hoping to see what others had done (especially for 2 knives) and learn for their success/mistakes. Kind Regards-Graham.

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had two sheaths made for me, I guess you could say they are custom.
    Top one is a factory Western knife with elk ivory inlaid in handle, I had a left handed sheath made for it.
    Bottom one is a custom knife made by a friend with real elephant ivory handles and also a left handed sheath.
    I think any good leather crafter could make a sheath to your specifications, they would not have to be custom knife makers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks jbmi, that ivory handled knife is a beauty. If I can I want both knives and a small sharpening steel in one unit...I think I'll go ahead with my own design. If, as usual, I have overlooked something in my design I guess I'll get it right next time. Thanks-Graham.

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

Register here. Post your question, sit back and enjoy.....There is also a forum list of custom sheath makers.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Graham, here is a Rem. knife with a small wet stone holder in the sheath.
    jbmi_2008_030342.jpg

7. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks jbmi...I hadn't considered a whet-stone instead of a steel, and Thanks andy...that link is awesome. Cheers-Graham.

8. andybull

andybull Active Member

Graham:

Check out the Busse Knives. You'll become a Hog for sure. There is a Busse for sale by individuals link there also.

Andy

9. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Here is the style Fred Bear used, i bought it about 7yrs. ago and never used it. I have an old bowie knife with a stag handle that was my fathers, cant seem to use any other. If anyone is interested i would let it go for $150.00 Dave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Ross Tyser custom Hunter / Skinner

cykick_2008_030313.jpg

cykick_2008_030314.jpg

cykick_2008_030315.jpg

11. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks guys, A couple of nice utility rigs right there. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...you are all sooooo lucky in the USA that you have the population base to support the artisans...knife makers, leather products,trapshooting specific optometrists, gunmakers and engravers. Thanks for the pictures, I'm just a working Shmoe, but it brightens my day to see the beautiful stuff. Kind Regards-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.