1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Forearm for my BT-100 SS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Stopped over to see Pete Hamann at CRV (Chris Vendel)Custom Arms yesterday. Pete was carving a new forearm for my BT-100 to fit my little hand...WOW. I had asked him if he could slim down the width of the beavertail but instead he made me a custom piece with the same dimensions as my Rottweil forearm that I like so much. He was putting the finishing touches on the checkering when I arrived so I stuck around until he finished and he installed it on the gun for me to try. I could only say "WOW" !! I can now hold the gun and point my pinkey like I always have with other guns. I could never get comfortable with the beavertail, it was just too wide for me. Pete kept the gun to put the final coat of finish on and he is going to deliver it tomorrow evening...Can't wait to get it out on the trap field. Haven't got a clue how much this is going to cost, and really don't care. It's just going to be a pleasure to hold the gun without my hand knotting up after 100 rounds. I told him last summer that the hardware gets pretty hot during a shoot, so it's now recessed about a 1/4" so I won't have a hot hand anymore either. Have any others with BTs (99s or 100s) had a similar problem with the beavertail being too wide for them? This looks like it's going to be a life(hand)saver for me. Hoping Pete will put some pics of the comparison on here when he's finished, for others to see.

Thanks Pete and Chris...Dave in NY

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

If its fantastic lets see a picture!!!!!!!

3. pjh

pjh Member

Here are some images of the forend. The latch has to be set deeper in the wood since it was made for a beavertail instead of a comp. I could also use a different latch buy it would add about $250 to the cost. Thanks Dave glad you like it. Price was around 350 complete

4. pjh

pjh Member

here is another view. The new one has the Iron on it.

5. JRD

JRD TS Member

Looks like good work to me. I dont personally like those beavertails either.

6. shotgunpeople

I just got home from having dinner with Pete, and took the gun out of the case.

Pete, I have shot good with the gun before, but now I can tell you it's going to be a whole lot more comfortable. I just couldn't imagine you could match the dimensions of my Rottweil forearm so perfect and fit this to the BT. This is truely a work of art. If you haven't gathered, I'm tickled pink !!!

Once again, thanks so much Pete !!! Dave

7. shotgunpeople

8. shotgunpeople

Mike,

Unfortunatly Chris has not had a website made up yet but as I understand it one is in the making. To contact Chris Vendel or Pete Hamann in Rochester, NY, you can call 585-482-0044 from 8AM to usually 5 or 6PM weekdays. Chris' email is: crvcustomarms@aim.com...They have an ad in T&F.

I can attest they do outstanding work both gunsmithing and with wood working. They had just refinished my Rottweil and it looked better than when it came from the factory, and a co-worker of mine had dropped his gun in a stone parking lot, had them refinish it last week, and there is no trace of the deep pock marks that were in it, and it had some doozies.

Dave

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

They did a stock for my wife too, they do great work. Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

slimming down a trap forend