1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Price of AA Shells??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pdq, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

I have 4 flats of AA shells: one of lights, one regular and 2 of heavy loads that I plan to sell to a friend at less than the going price. I don't know the going price these days however, so if someone could tell me what's generally considered a fair price, it'd be appreciated.

In advance, many thanks,
    Pete

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

What did you pay, that would be the "fair" price??

Bill

3. pdq

pdq Member

Bill:

I bought a house 30 years ago; I don't think I'd sell it for that today. The person will get a good deal. Thanks for responding but I was hoping to get $$ facts, not commentary.

Pete

4. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

7.57 a box at Walmart. plus tax. jk.

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'd say if you are looking to give him a pretty good deal, then 50 bucks a flat.

If you want to sell at just a little below store price 60 bucks.

6. pdq

pdq Member

How can $60/flat be "a little below store price" if they are selling for $7.57 / box at Walmart?

At $50 a flat for AAs' they are $5 - $10 less than store price for Gun Clubs around where I live.

Pete

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

weigh them on a scale, lead is around .85 a pound

Bill

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

So why ask the question? As you know the price of gun clubs, you have already made up your mind as to how much of a "good deal" your friend is going get and are just fishing here for additional justification. It is not like you are going to retire or even take a vacation on the proceeds of this sale. If the person is your friend, let em have the shells cheap.

9. pdq

pdq Member

Gary:
    I'm not fishing.

I know the price of Gun Clubs, but not what AAs are currently going for. I do know they are priced very differently, as they are very different shells, especially the AA heavys vs. Gun Clubs. Another way of saying that my question was an honest one, i.e. what do AAs currently go for.

Sorry for opening Pandoras box, but I thought it was a very simple, straightforward question & didn't anticipate people reading so much into it. Remember -- I said I was selling them at a good price, not giving them away as a Christmas present.

Good grief -- if people think they are worth no more than Gun Clubs, I'll blow through the heavies shooting practice from the 16 versus saving someone who can really use them some $$$. Geez.

Pete

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Too expensive now, better to wait a few months until new shells come down to the current price of lead. If I was your "friend" I would respectfully ask you to keep them as I continue to reload premium at $40 a flat.

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! Look in the Sunday flyer. Dick's has them for $7.48 per box if you get a case. $74.80 plus tax.

Figure your pal would have to pay that and decide how much you want to rip him off.

AJ100

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$7.49 a box at Outdoorworld and $8.95 at Gandermountain. Both in S. Florida

Eric

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Local gun shop is $9.25 plus tax. Dave T.

14. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

is posting a ? like that here then rechecking the site for answers easier than just searching the net in the first place? sounds like fishing to me.

15. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I sell them for 72.00 per case.

16. pdq

pdq Member

Thanks everyone -- that gives me enough to go on.

Pete

17. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Dealer wholesale on 12 ga AA'a from these companies are as follows:

Bill Hicks MN - $8.11 a box. No flat discount shown,
    Zanders Baldwin, IL 69.90 a flat,
    Graf and Sons Mexico, MO - $68.90,
    Williams Shooter Supply Quincy, IL $78.07 a flat

Then add shipping.

Friend or no friend, dealer wholesale is what I use to determine a good price, not someones old store inventory with crusty price tags on them. I'm sure several of you will pipe in that you can get AA's at Goober's General Store for $_____ (put your price here) where you live in Pit Stink Arkansas or Fly Turd Idaho. All that matters is what are they selling for where the buyer and seller live. $70 a flat appears to be a good price right now for AA's out the door based on these 4 wholesalers.

Jeff

18. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

At the club where I shoot my league they are 69.50 a flat, so 60 bucks is a "little" below that.

If you've had them kicking around the house a while You probably didn't pay over 60 for them, so my assumption is that 60 bucks would cover your cost and give your friend pretty good deal.

If you don't care about giving him a good deal, charge him 69.50 without tax, but I sure wouldn't buy them from a "friend" for that.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

$60 a flat under those circumstances.....

20. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Pete...... Just how good of a friend is he? If I were in your shoes, If I didn't need the shells, I would sell them all to any of my good friends for $200.00 plus he pays for a dinner and drinks for both of us next time out. I would also let him know that I value, and appreciate, his friendship and that's why he's getting such a good deal. I look at it this way: 4 flats of AA's, $280.00, Having a good friend to share with: Priceless...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.