1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Currency Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

A few years ago a kind gentleman from this site sent me some empty shell boxes because I collect them. In organizing this week I found the envelope I received them in and noticed the price of the postage. I should have noticed this immediately and reimbursed him and want to do so now. Is American currency recognized as ordinary currency in Australia. The amount is not that great to find an exchange but I want to do right by him.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

1 Australian dollar = 0.9626 U.S. dollars

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Banks will usually charge a percentage to convert foreign currency!

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

It is probably easier for him to exchange US funds in Australia than for you to send him the funds in Australian currency. I find sending a postal money order the easiest way to do business outside of one's own country. They will cash it at the local post office. Bill Malcolm

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

This is a complex and perplexing problem. One must go to Google, or Yahoo, or MSN or another search engine and type in "currency conversion US Australia." It is fraught with danger and confusion. Jake

6. pdq

pdq Member

If you and they have a PayPal account, I believe you can pay him in ISD and PayPal will convert to AUD.

I think there's a small or no charge for it, but I haven't done for a few years -- worth taking a look.

Pete

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

How about sending him a small gift or photo of your collection and a note saying how much you appreciate what he did for you and how you are sorry about the discrepancy in funds. I'm sure he would like that more than a few quid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.